Photo
- - - - -

EXCLUSIVE: More On The Aces And Eights. Identities, Leader, Timeline, Leader And More

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
32 replies to this topic

#1 Darren Grett

Darren Grett

Site Admin

• Administrators
  • 8,656 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:54 AM

We can exclusively report that the tentative plan is to reveal one or more members involved in the aces of eights faction in the next few episodes of Impact Wrestling. One source revealed that one of the members revealed could potentially be Andrew "Drew" Hankinson, better known as former WWE Wrestler Luke Gallows. The source also indicated that unmasked, Hankinson could be the leader or be used as a temporary mouthpiece for the faction until the leader of the group is actually revealed.

Another source indicated that one or more members of the faction could be "exposed" by rival wrestlers in their hunt to reveal the identities of the aces and eights faction. While the source mentioned no names he did suggest that creative could be going in a direction where wrestlers would be revealing each member, potentially extending the storyline significantly culminating on a faction vs faction war in TNA.

As always, these things are always subject to change. We reported earlier that Drew Hankinson has been revealed for upcoming house show appearances starting September 1 so that may give an indication of a possible reveal if he is indeed going to be implicated in the storyline.

#2 Namor1987

Namor1987

Proud Creator Of The "Yay Or Nay" Threads.

• Advanced Member
  • 6,392 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 02:38 AM

Good Drew Hankinson should lead be the lieutenant until Jeff Jarrett or Storm or whoever takes over. Most qualified man in that stable. My personal opinion is they scrapped Wes Briscoe being in that faction or he could be a sleeper cell so to speak trying to win over the TNA roster then turn on them. Think Johnny Devine & 3D when he was the traitor in the X-Division. But I think they might just give Wes the 2nd generartion guy who's trying to break in the business who loves wakeboarding lol. BTW I called a faction to counter Aces & 8s in the beginning.

Edited by Namor1987, 08 August 2012 - 02:39 AM.

Posted Image

#3 ShowThe420

ShowThe420

Insider

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:28 AM

Good Drew Hankinson should lead be the lieutenant until Jeff Jarrett or Storm or whoever takes over. Most qualified man in that stable. My personal opinion is they scrapped Wes Briscoe being in that faction or he could be a sleeper cell so to speak trying to win over the TNA roster then turn on them. Think Johnny Devine & 3D when he was the traitor in the X-Division. But I think they might just give Wes the 2nd generartion guy who's trying to break in the business who loves wakeboarding lol. BTW I called a faction to counter Aces & 8s in the beginning.

You call everything.. lmfaoo.

Gallows as the talker at the beginning sounds perfect, makes it more interesting, and last longer.
Posted Image

#4 Zeppelin4

Zeppelin4

The One and Only...

• Advanced Member
  • 7,596 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:34 AM

I really like how they're not rushing this storyline. Also Luke Gallows is a decent choice as second in command but the problem is how will they debut him? Are they going to debut him as just some disgruntled ex wrestler from WWE and Jarrett promised him a job with TNA if he does his dirty work or an entirely new character whose background isn't important and mainly is just a straight up no nonsence badass. There is seriously a lot ways this whole thing can come together from here. Can't wait to see what happens next in the storyline.

Posted Image

“I know you are here to kill me. Shoot, coward, you are only going to kill a man.”- Che Guevara

R.I.P "Macho Man" Randy Savage 1952 - 2011

#5 @GaTechGrad

@GaTechGrad

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 1,872 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:42 AM

Wasn't one of the Aces and 8's already unmasked on television? It was the week after Sting was attacked, and the guy stopped in Hogan's office and gave him an envelope with the first hand of cards. I think he had sunglasses on, and I never heard if that guy was supposed to be one of the Aces and 8's or if he was just their messenger.

tna_banner4_zps4e645d94.png

#6 ShowThe420

ShowThe420

Insider

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 04:58 AM

Wasn't one of the Aces and 8's already unmasked on television? It was the week after Sting was attacked, and the guy stopped in Hogan's office and gave him an envelope with the first hand of cards. I think he had sunglasses on, and I never heard if that guy was supposed to be one of the Aces and 8's or if he was just their messenger.

I remember that, what i was guessing was that it was just a messenger.
Posted Image

#7 BeerMoneyINC

BeerMoneyINC

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 1,387 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 05:37 AM

Revealing Festus as the only member of Aces at this point would be stupid. The guy has no history in TNA, and not much of a backstory elsewhere either. I have no doubt he's a good worker. And I hope he shines with the group. But as the first guy revealed? We need someone with a familiar face.

#8 Ph3N0M

Ph3N0M

#87%er4Life

• Advanced Member
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 07:57 AM

Revealing Festus as the only member of Aces at this point would be stupid. The guy has no history in TNA, and not much of a backstory elsewhere either. I have no doubt he's a good worker. And I hope he shines with the group. But as the first guy revealed? We need someone with a familiar face.

He was the one who stole all the championships of RKK on behalf of Jeff Jarrett and RDX. But of course none of TNA's fanbase should be expected to know that.

BFG 2012 Trivia
Posted Image

Follow me on Twitter: @Ph3N0M1
I just started using Twitter seriously for the first time. Not much activity there, but it will hopefully pick up soon.
Ring Ka King Episode 1 with English Subtitles
My favorite video game shopping site.
PSN and XboxLive blocked in college.:(

#9 teambadazz

teambadazz

Insider

• Members
  • 1,114 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 08:37 AM

i like this idea it already started last week with wes briscoe....i wonder what name he would use cause his real name Drew Hankinson aint working i hope he uses Isaiah Cash but wateva it would be nice to see him get a nice 2nd in command role since he has been apart of every attack so far

#10 Jackanape

Jackanape

Mr Flibble is very cross...

• Advanced Member
  • 3,340 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:03 PM

I still think it was dumb idea to hide the identity of these guys when they're mostly nobodys.

Oops! Something went wrong!

[#10211]

Unable to retrieve signature image dimensions, please try another image.

#11 Minters

Minters

OMG I ARE TEN PERCENT

• Advanced Member
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:15 PM

I still think it was dumb idea to hide the identity of these guys when they're mostly nobodys.

Its never been about who they really are though.

#12 SpecialFNK

SpecialFNK

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 860 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:05 PM

it was better to hide who they were to give mystery to people wondering who they really were. if nobody1 and nobody2 came out with some other nobodies to attack Sting/Hogan it would not have been as big because a majority of your viewers who have no clue who they were. nowhere hear the reaction that Scott Hall and then Kevin Nash had when they first appeared in WCW. there's more drama in wondering who the attackers were.
this Gallows or whatever his name is could be a good mouth piece for now, similar to what Abyss was before Immortal talking about they coming. but this better lead to a name people recognize or people are going to lose interest. if this leads to being Jeff Jarrett, then you could have something.
what's RKK? I know what it is because I can look it up, but most of your casual viewers wont have a clue what RKK is.

#13 Jackanape

Jackanape

Mr Flibble is very cross...

• Advanced Member
  • 3,340 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:59 PM

Its never been about who they really are though.

Are they gonna keep them in the masks then?

Oops! Something went wrong!

[#10211]

Unable to retrieve signature image dimensions, please try another image.

#14 Namor1987

Namor1987

• Advanced Member
  • 6,392 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 02:38 PM

i like this idea it already started last week with wes briscoe....i wonder what name he would use cause his real name Drew Hankinson aint working i hope he uses Isaiah Cash but wateva it would be nice to see him get a nice 2nd in command role since he has been apart of every attack so far

Wes Briscoe technically wasn't or hasn't been linked directly to this angle. He appeared as 2nd gen guy trying to make it in the business. Yeah he's been confirmed as a member on sites but on TV the connection between him & Aces & 8s has yet to be defined. He did not reveal himself to be a member or have any connection to them. I think TNA is going to push the young 2nd gen wakeboarder gimmick.

Posted Image

#15 Namor1987

Namor1987

• Advanced Member
  • 6,392 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 02:40 PM

So what if the guy has no history in TNA that means they can press the "reset" button with him & give him a story, background, & origins. It's called "character development". LOL he's basically got a clean slate in TNA just waiting to be filled up.

Posted Image

#16 Namor1987

Namor1987

• Advanced Member
  • 6,392 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 02:43 PM

You call everything.. lmfaoo.

Gallows as the talker at the beginning sounds perfect, makes it more interesting, and last longer.

I call "everything" because Ik how to read angles & different wrestling promotions extremely well. I've got a knack for calling stuff. Like with the Avengers movie I called the race of Loki's army because I did my research & connected the dots. To me life is a big puzzle you just got to find the pieces & figure out how they mesh together.

Posted Image

#17 BeerMoneyINC

BeerMoneyINC

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 1,387 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 02:50 PM

So what if the guy has no history in TNA that means they can press the "reset" button with him & give him a story, background, & origins. It's called "character development". LOL he's basically got a clean slate in TNA just waiting to be filled up.

Just like they did with that chick AJ slept with?

#18 Namor1987

Namor1987

• Advanced Member
  • 6,392 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:03 PM

Just like they did with that chick AJ slept with?

Lol not at all what was I expecting as a response but no. Like a ton of wrestlers come from up north to TNA to reinvent themselves. Heck Matt Morgan did it, Pope did it, Bully Ray did it.

Think of his run in TNA as when hollywood reboots a movie franchise. Lol they just change somethings & tweak it to their needs & to appeal to whatever audience they're targeting. Like with Batman for example. That franchise has been tweaked countless times like nearly 10 times in media other than comic. You had your Adam West batman, your tim burton batman, then the Dark Knight.

Basically what I'm saying is TNA can reboot him & make him suit whatever purpose they need. Plus he'll be relatively new to people who never watched his WWE run. So it won't really matter.

Posted Image

#19 Incognito

Incognito

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 3,578 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 05:15 PM

Lol not at all what was I expecting as a response but no. Like a ton of wrestlers come from up north to TNA to reinvent themselves. Heck Matt Morgan did it, Pope did it, Bully Ray did it.

Think of his run in TNA as when hollywood reboots a movie franchise. Lol they just change somethings & tweak it to their needs & to appeal to whatever audience they're targeting. Like with Batman for example. That franchise has been tweaked countless times like nearly 10 times in media other than comic. You had your Adam West batman, your tim burton batman, then the Dark Knight.

Basically what I'm saying is TNA can reboot him & make him suit whatever purpose they need. Plus he'll be relatively new to people who never watched his WWE run. So it won't really matter.

With Matt Morgan and Bully Ray, they got a reaction when they debuted because people knew who they were. It was years before Bully Ray really reinvented himself in TNA. He didn't come in as Bully Ray. He was called "Brother Ray" because WWE for some reason were able to trademark his pre-existing name, but he was playing the same character as before.

You have a point with the Pope though, because he wasn't well known in WWE and had a mostly different character as well as name.

I just hope this guy is good enough on the mic to carry a stable, if he's going to be the mouthpiece.

#20 Namor1987

Namor1987

• Advanced Member
  • 6,392 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 05:47 PM

With Matt Morgan and Bully Ray, they got a reaction when they debuted because people knew who they were. It was years before Bully Ray really reinvented himself in TNA. He didn't come in as Bully Ray. He was called "Brother Ray" because WWE for some reason were able to trademark his pre-existing name, but he was playing the same character as before.

You have a point with the Pope though, because he wasn't well known in WWE and had a mostly different character as well as name.

I just hope this guy is good enough on the mic to carry a stable, if he's going to be the mouthpiece.

Lol I didn't mean Morgan & Ray weren't known in TNA. I meant they reinvented themselves to adapt to TNA. I know they came in as 3D. (I've been watching since like 06-early 07).

Heck Jeff Hardy kinda reinvented himself. Well he just got more creative & indepth with how he thinks & really is. Like his facepaint got more "wow" & debuted a ton of songs while with TNA. He basically managed to repackage himself but not overduing it & keep his signature image intact..

Hankinson should be a good mouthpiece. Until Storm, Roode or Jarrett takes over he'll do. Hell he was CM Punk's 2nd in-command/enforcer & did a excellent job at that. Plus his singles run before his release was pretty entertaining IMHO. He's highly underrated.

Posted Image