Photo
- - - - -

Magnus Turning Heel

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

#1 Namor1987

Namor1987

Proud Creator Of The "Yay Or Nay" Threads.

• Advanced Member
  • 6,392 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 03:10 PM

Did yall notice that Magnus is drinking the same "heel flavored koolaid" Mickie James? (Not literally). Like they both turn(ed) heel in the same way: Lost matches, started staring into the hard camera; made weird angry shocked faces; & then started to break (only real difference is Magnus used a chair & Mickie just got more aggressive).

Do you think they'll have any interaction on camera & become a power couple & started attacking their rivals in unified attacks or manage/valet each other matches?

Posted Image

#2 WilsonWade

WilsonWade

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 3,767 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 04:44 PM

i think your putting it under a microscope, thing was for over a year TNA blurred any indications on whether or not Magnus was a face, heel or tweener, i mean for as much as i remember he had one match as a face tagging with doug williams against AJ Styles (heel at the time) and Kazarian i think. (when they were fortune) then he lost to a "streaking" crimson as a heel, then formed a team with Joe with no clearness on what they were, face, heel, tweener.. at least after last night maybe there's a clear and permanent indication on what he'll be doing assuming tna is serious enough to push him.

I'm not putting a great deal of faith in this, considering how hard they pushed garrett when magnus was sitting round on the roster for years.. i hope they prove me wrong
Posted Image
If you read this I am sorry to say that you just lost 5 seconds of your life that you won't be getting back.*

*Actual time may vary.

#3 Namor1987

Namor1987

• Advanced Member
  • 6,392 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 04:53 PM

i think your putting it under a microscope, thing was for over a year TNA blurred any indications on whether or not Magnus was a face, heel or tweener, i mean for as much as i remember he had one match as a face tagging with doug williams against AJ Styles (heel at the time) and Kazarian i think. (when they were fortune) then he lost to a "streaking" crimson as a heel, then formed a team with Joe with no clearness on what they were, face, heel, tweener.. at least after last night maybe there's a clear and permanent indication on what he'll be doing assuming tna is serious enough to push him.

I'm not putting a great deal of faith in this, considering how hard they pushed garrett when magnus was sitting round on the roster for years.. i hope they prove me wrong

Good point I hope he gets used he's like 1 year older & then me. It'd be a goshdamn shame to waste a guy like that.

You're hellified right TNA sucks at putting "heel" & "face" tags on their talent. LOL but I hope he gets a strong heel push.

Posted Image

#4 WilsonWade

WilsonWade

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 3,767 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 05:11 PM

Good point I hope he gets used he's like 1 year older & then me. It'd be a goshdamn shame to waste a guy like that.

The Gladiator stuff would have worked had they stuck with it.. hell watch this promo here start at 0:47

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaAhRq4oaC8

hell tell me the this wasn't a killer promo by Magnus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLbMdNBRkHY

you see what he's capable of on the mic, yet he jobs on free tv to an unrefreshing RVD, and on Sunday for 50 dollars again to RVD, i mean this guy is a real diamond in the rough, but i still have little faith bc of TNA's track record.

You're hellified right TNA sucks at putting "heel" & "face" tags on their talent. LOL but I hope he gets a strong heel push.

exactly, it's already difficult enough for faces to be generally approved by the crowd, the best way to create a face is having them be a long term heel, and have them do a "face" move like make a save or something. but that's just my take. In TNA it's hard for them to even create faces unless your name is AJ styles, Jeff Hardy or Austin Aries. I mean shit look at Crimson, Garret Bischoff, Samoa Joe (granted Joe is better as a tweener anyways). I loo at Magnus, close to 4 years in TNA you'd think he'd be a house hold name by now, but they've failed to ever utilzie him in any meaningful capacity other than tagging.

Posted Image
If you read this I am sorry to say that you just lost 5 seconds of your life that you won't be getting back.*

*Actual time may vary.

#5 Big Lou

Big Lou

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 05:36 PM

Did yall notice that Magnus is drinking the same "heel flavored koolaid" Mickie James? (Not literally). Like they both turn(ed) heel in the same way: Lost matches, started staring into the hard camera; made weird angry shocked faces; & then started to break (only real difference is Magnus used a chair & Mickie just got more aggressive).

Do you think they'll have any interaction on camera & become a power couple & started attacking their rivals in unified attacks or manage/valet each other matches?

Aren't Mickie and Magnus dating in real life?

Anyway, I like Magnus. So hopefully this launches him into the main event slot in the next couple of months.

Edited by Big Lou, 17 August 2012 - 05:36 PM.

#6 WilsonWade

WilsonWade

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 3,767 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 05:38 PM

Aren't Mickie and Magnus dating in real life?

i heard they are.

Anyway, I like Magnus. So hopefully this launches him into the main event slot in the next couple of months.

i love the guy, no secret here, but i wouldnt' want to see him pushed so quickly soo soon "just because" i rather he be built up than thrown in there.

Posted Image

*Actual time may vary.

#7 Namor1987

Namor1987

• Advanced Member
  • 6,392 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:05 PM

Build is always good. I'd like for them to repackage him & then redebut him. Due them like WWE is doing Wade Barrett (same formula not gimmick).

TNA needs to use the power of vignettes & video packages. LOL he is a diamond in the rough but the metro ladie's man gimmick is too face for a heel that just snapped. LOL he needs a more intimidating gimmick.

I'm not saying going all Raven mode or even all Hardy mode on us. But if he acted more dominating & menacing (but in a realistic way) then that'd be cool. I typically love the darker, more masculine gimmicks. (I'm picky like that even though I like two wrestlers whose gimmicks have been dubbed the 'gayest' in TNA Zema Ion & Robbie E. Also love Daniels). That's it I'm not in the mood for how I rant. Just my thoughts.

Posted Image

#8 WilsonWade

WilsonWade

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 3,767 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:14 PM

Build is always good. I'd like for them to repackage him & then redebut him. Due them like WWE is doing Wade Barrett (same formula not gimmick).

he doesn't need to be repackaged, he just needs to be booked in a memorable fashion. This same stuff happened to EY so no reason why it can't for Magnus.

TNA needs to use the power of vignettes & video packages. LOL he is a diamond in the rough but the metro ladie's man gimmick is too face for a heel that just snapped. LOL he needs a more intimidating gimmick

Power of Vignette?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inoc4mmiIgA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uU1xCXdFB20&feature=relmfu.

tna invested so much in creating a vignette featuring him in it (usually their vignettes doesn't involve the wrestlers in it), only to give him the crappiest and unforgettable debut vs shark boy..

I'm not saying going all Raven mode or even all Hardy mode on us. But if he acted more dominating & menacing (but in a realistic way) then that'd be cool. I typically love the darker, more masculine gimmicks. (I'm picky like that even though I like two wrestlers whose gimmicks have been dubbed the 'gayest' in TNA Zema Ion & Robbie E. Also love Daniels). That's it I'm not in the mood for how I rant. Just my thoughts.

nothing about Zema Ion and Robbie E screams "gay", not every "serious" character needs to be intimidating, he just needs to be someone "memorable" he can pull it off, but many of his gimmicks, matches, etc are pretty forgettable.

Edited by WilsonWade, 17 August 2012 - 06:16 PM.

Posted Image

*Actual time may vary.

#9 CrimsonCross!

CrimsonCross!

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 377 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 07:56 PM

Whether he's Face or Heel, I'd like to see Magnus used more often and become a key wrestler near the top...

#10 WilsonWade

WilsonWade

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 3,767 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 08:30 PM

Whether he's Face or Heel, I'd like to see Magnus used more often and become a key wrestler near the top...

yes this, pretty much, his only setback is the way he's being booked, nothing else.
Posted Image

*Actual time may vary.

#11 Namor1987

Namor1987

• Advanced Member
  • 6,392 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 10:23 PM

yes this, pretty much, his only setback is the way he's being booked, nothing else.

hey wilson, how'd do you make a guy that's not memorable memorable? Like I'm genuinely curious. I want your insight?

Posted Image

#12 Incognito

Incognito

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 3,578 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 12:23 AM

hey wilson, how'd do you make a guy that's not memorable memorable? Like I'm genuinely curious. I want your insight?

I think he was memorable as part of the British Invasion. That was a great team that I think they split way too soon, especially since they didn't do much with either guy for a long while after, and were short of tag teams.

Ever since then, Magnus has been a heel-leaning tweener, since really, it's hard to do much with a guy's character that you only use randomly and sporadically. He was kind of a filler guy when they needed a warm body in the ring to put someone over on Xplosion while still looking like a threat. Then they threw him together with Joe, another tweener, and it was pretty hard to tell if they were supposed to be good or bad.

Now he seems to be heading towards full heel, and being part of the BFG series is getting him on TV almost every week, so now's the time to really establish his character. A vignette wouldn't be bad at all. If it were up to me, and I were in a hurry, I'd just give him Desmond Wolfe's persona (but keeping his own name.) Sort of a Jason Statham type heel, and let him do Desmond's sunglasses shtick - taking them off and putting them in his pocket, beating the guy down, then taking the glasses back out and putting them on. That was bad ass.

#13 Zeppelin4

Zeppelin4

The One and Only...

• Advanced Member
  • 7,596 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 05:02 AM

I think he was memorable as part of the British Invasion. That was a great team that I think they split way too soon, especially since they didn't do much with either guy for a long while after, and were short of tag teams.

Ever since then, Magnus has been a heel-leaning tweener, since really, it's hard to do much with a guy's character that you only use randomly and sporadically. He was kind of a filler guy when they needed a warm body in the ring to put someone over on Xplosion while still looking like a threat. Then they threw him together with Joe, another tweener, and it was pretty hard to tell if they were supposed to be good or bad.

Now he seems to be heading towards full heel, and being part of the BFG series is getting him on TV almost every week, so now's the time to really establish his character. A vignette wouldn't be bad at all. If it were up to me, and I were in a hurry, I'd just give him Desmond Wolfe's persona (but keeping his own name.) Sort of a Jason Statham type heel, and let him do Desmond's sunglasses shtick - taking them off and putting them in his pocket, beating the guy down, then taking the glasses back out and putting them on. That was bad ass.

I miss Magnus's metrosexual/ladies man gimmick that he had in 2010. If they gave it a chance it definitely would have gotten over big time.

Posted Image

“I know you are here to kill me. Shoot, coward, you are only going to kill a man.”- Che Guevara

R.I.P "Macho Man" Randy Savage 1952 - 2011