Photo
- - - - -

Recap Of Hulk Hogan and Jeff Hardy On Huffington Post Live

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 Darren Grett

Darren Grett

Site Admin

• Administrators
  • 8,656 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:49 PM

TNA Stars Hulk Hogan and Jeff Hardy joined Huffington Post Live . Below is a quick recap
  • Hogan spoke first about TNA. He promoted TNA and said that famous wrestlers such as Kurt Angle, Jeff Hardy and Ken Anderson are there.
  • Hogan says he is amazed as to how many people actually watch Impact Wrestling.
  • Hogan says overseas TNA is the highest rated company.
  • He talks about how he started in the business.
  • Hogan spoke about his sex tape with Heather Clem. He says his marriage "wasn't cool" and said he was abused verbally and mentally during his marriage. He says he was accountable for what he did. He said his friends were swingers. He said Heather and Bubba teased him relentless and openly said Hogan should have sex with Heather.
  • Hogan says he plans on fighting this sex tape leak. He says he had no idea there was a camera. He said he spoke to Bubba and asked him up front if he leaked the video. Hogan claims he is fighting on principle and anyone could be vulnerable to things like this.
  • A fan asked if TNA can compete with MMA and reality tv. Hogan says TNA can compete with reality tv and mma
  • A Fan (who knows little about modern wrestling) asked if TNA plans to compete on Monday Nights with the WWE like WCW did. Hogan never mentions the 2010 Monday night wars. Instead he says its all up to Bob and Dixie Carter.
  • Hogan says TNA already has 4 facets of the company that are very strong. the tv, ppv, live events and merchandising
  • Hulk says TNA creative issues are no longer a problem. He calls the current product consistent.
  • the host of the show says TNA is kicking butt in the ratings
  • Hogan called Christopher Daniels his superhero
  • Jeff Hardy joined the show briefly and spoke about his upcoming match with Austin Aries.
  • Hardy also spoke about how he got into pro wrestling.
  • Hardy says his style and persona changed when he saw guys like Rey Misterio and Psychosis came to the scene.

#2 Wild

Wild

News Contributor

• News Contributor
  • 2,446 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:12 PM

0.85 rating.

To him that's great

#3 Darren Grett

Darren Grett

Site Admin

• Administrators
  • 8,656 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:19 PM

I was honestly more dumbfounded at his response over the monday night wars between tna and the wwe but after a few minutes of watching the footage you realize that not a single person who asked questions were actually modern day wrestling fans.

#4 wifiaero

wifiaero

ECIII

• Advanced Member
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:23 PM

Well now due to all the free press of a sex tape it's time for him to plug Bound for Glory hardcore.

Trouble, Trouble, Trouble.

#5 Darren Grett

Darren Grett

Site Admin

• Administrators
  • 8,656 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:33 PM

Well now due to all the free press of a sex tape it's time for him to plug Bound for Glory hardcore.

the sex tape scandal has pretty much overshadowed TNA's greatest opportunity to get biggest amount of press time they could have ever gotten in a 3 day time span. Every single show I've watched or listened to today has the sex tape front and center with TNA being nothing more than an afterthought.

#6 Namor1987

Namor1987

Proud Creator Of The "Yay Or Nay" Threads.

• Advanced Member
  • 6,392 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:56 PM

Breaking News (obviously this a joke) *The Knockouts Division has reduced to shambles because Hulkamania has run wild on the entire division leaving only the toughest women left. This is Bubba The Love Sponge signing off* LOL

Posted Image

#7 Zeppelin4

Zeppelin4

The One and Only...

• Advanced Member
  • 7,596 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:15 PM

the sex tape scandal has pretty much overshadowed TNA's greatest opportunity to get biggest amount of press time they could have ever gotten in a 3 day time span. Every single show I've watched or listened to today has the sex tape front and center with TNA being nothing more than an afterthought.

I was suprised they even decided to even talk about TNA at all in these interviews in light of the sex tape scandal. I was pretty much afraid Hogan was going to go on the these interviews and talk nothing about the sex tape and not even mention Impact Wrestling. At least he tried to plug the show anywhere he can in between all of the scandal bits.

Posted Image

“I know you are here to kill me. Shoot, coward, you are only going to kill a man.”- Che Guevara

R.I.P "Macho Man" Randy Savage 1952 - 2011

#8 teambadazz

teambadazz

Insider

• Members
  • 1,114 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:49 PM

Thats sad cause TNA's biggest PPV of the year is being overshadowed by Hogans sex tape scandel make me wonder this new release of details and stuff was done on purpose just to keep TNA from actually capitalizing on the media attention for what i believe will be a great PPV

#9 Darren Grett

Darren Grett

Site Admin

• Administrators
  • 8,656 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:15 AM

I was suprised they even decided to even talk about TNA at all in these interviews in light of the sex tape scandal. I was pretty much afraid Hogan was going to go on the these interviews and talk nothing about the sex tape and not even mention Impact Wrestling. At least he tried to plug the show anywhere he can in between all of the scandal bits.

I'm surprised that Hogan didn't cancel all of his appearances in light of the sex tape being revealed. Kind of makes you wonder why, after six years, this tape was released now, right before TNA's biggest pay per view of the year and arguably the most Hogan has ever spent promoting TNA.

I'm not one of those guys big on conspiracy theories but let that simmer in your mind for a bit...

#10 @GaTechGrad

@GaTechGrad

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 1,872 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:33 AM

I'm not a fan of the Huffington Post, but I watched all 30 minutes and that was a really great interview. Glad to hear Hogan put over Daniels big time. It seems obvious that Hogan doesn't think very highly of Aries.

tna_banner4_zps4e645d94.png