Photo
- - - - -

*RUMOR* Storyline Plans For AJ Styles

Rumor

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
18 replies to this topic

#1 Robert Tilton

Robert Tilton

Insider

• Administrators
  • 764 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:37 AM

According to The Wrestling Observer, The current storyline plan for AJ Styles is for him to play a bitter character and appear to be on the verge of turning heel on television, however the report goes on to say that Styles isn’t slated to turn full fledged heel.

#2 Ph3N0M

Ph3N0M

#87%er4Life

• Advanced Member
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:51 AM

I hope he doesn't mess up, and plays the subtle heel character fine. This can be great if done right.

Edited by Iamthe1, 25 November 2012 - 03:52 AM.

BFG 2012 Trivia
Posted Image

Follow me on Twitter: @Ph3N0M1
I just started using Twitter seriously for the first time. Not much activity there, but it will hopefully pick up soon.
Ring Ka King Episode 1 with English Subtitles
My favorite video game shopping site.
PSN and XboxLive blocked in college.:(

#3 Big Lou

Big Lou

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:52 AM

According to The Wrestling Observer, The current storyline plan for AJ Styles is for him to play a bitter character and appear to be on the verge of turning heel on television, however the report goes on to say that Styles isn’t slated to turn full fledged heel.

Pseudo heel turn for AJ? I could dig that. Although, it pretty much puts my hopes of the Styles/Daniels team down the toilet

Edited by Big Lou, 25 November 2012 - 03:52 AM.

#4 Omgitzjay

Omgitzjay

k.

• Moderators
  • 8,436 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:30 AM

Emo Styles?

#5 Zeppelin4

Zeppelin4

The One and Only...

• Advanced Member
  • 7,596 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:38 AM

So he is going to be a tweener?

Posted Image

“I know you are here to kill me. Shoot, coward, you are only going to kill a man.”- Che Guevara

R.I.P "Macho Man" Randy Savage 1952 - 2011

#6 Omgitzjay

Omgitzjay

k.

• Moderators
  • 8,436 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:44 AM

He can't pull off being a Tweener.

Austin was a tweener
Jericho was a tweener
AJ should always be a face (unless he's in a tag team, then he doesn't need to talk much)

#7 Jackanape

Jackanape

Mr Flibble is very cross...

• Advanced Member
  • 3,340 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:10 AM

It'll be awesome. They can have Dixie Carter bring down King Mo on Impact and then have AJ interrupt and get in Mo's face.

Dixie: "You ruined it dammit! You ruined it!"

Oops! Something went wrong!

[#10211]

Unable to retrieve signature image dimensions, please try another image.

#8 waytoomuch

waytoomuch

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 406 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:11 AM

aj wit a change of attitude is fine. i don't have a problem wit him gainin sum edge but i really hope he doesn't turn full fledge heel. aj sux as a heel bcuz he always dumbs down his move set n every1 knows that aj's moves r wut makes him spectacular.

#9 Fyzza

Fyzza

#Fyzzamania

• Advanced Member
  • 4,900 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:50 AM

This could be interesting.

AJ with a change of attitude is fine. I don't have a problem with him gaining some edge but I really hope he doesn't turn full fledge heel. AJ sucks as a heel because he always dumbs down his move set and everyone knows that AJ's moves are what makes him spectacular.

Had to, sorry.

Posted Image

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Adam Savage

#10 Sharpy 626

Sharpy 626

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 194 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 12:01 PM

I'd like to see him make some headway again, just constantly feuding with Kaz and Daniels just isn't entertainin anymore
Posted Image

It can't rain all the time

#11 Frieza

Frieza

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 474 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 12:18 PM

Had to, sorry.

I'm glad you did that, saved me a job.

Edited by AmazingRedOwns, 25 November 2012 - 12:18 PM.

"Ooooohhhhh my goodness he just left a skid mark on that boy"

My name may have changed, but Amazing Red still owns.

#12 nivjourney87

nivjourney87

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 493 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 02:36 PM

Could be good... Shades of grey, neither black nor white... like Sting when we were lead to believe he was heel when Hogan first arrived.
Not 100% sure that AJ can pull it off without just looking whiney like he does now, but time will tell.
I think the long term more interesting story could be that he and Daniels are having their "last match ever" at Final Resolution. This would mean that one of them is not eligible for the Bound For Glory series, otherwise they'd both face each other again at some point. AJ NEEDS to win the BFG Series to get a title shot at BFG, which is the next time he can challenge for the title... Ideally AJ will win, and be allowed to enter BFG Series, and Daniels can go back to being one half of #WTTCOTW, who are probably the best tag team in Wrestling right now, and are who the division should be built around (as opposed to Botchnandez and The Eddie Guerrero Tribute Act). However, the better story would be AJ losing and being kept out of the BFG Series, which would play into his bitter heel character...
Niv

#13 Sting133

Sting133

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 446 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:24 PM

I can dig that. If he had to wait a whole year to get a title shot it seems normal to me that he seems bitter. The right move in my eyes

Posted Image

#14 Omgitzjay

Omgitzjay

k.

• Moderators
  • 8,436 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:32 PM

Had to, sorry.

He spelled spectacular right though. LOL

#15 Ph3N0M

Ph3N0M

#87%er4Life

• Advanced Member
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:48 PM

^o.O

BFG 2012 Trivia
Posted Image

Follow me on Twitter: @Ph3N0M1
I just started using Twitter seriously for the first time. Not much activity there, but it will hopefully pick up soon.
Ring Ka King Episode 1 with English Subtitles
My favorite video game shopping site.
PSN and XboxLive blocked in college.:(

#16 Stung

Stung

Swervedriver

• Advanced Member
  • 1,615 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:01 PM

For some reason I can only imagine him doing a Tobey Maguire-esque Saturday Night Fever emo heel.

#17 Omgitzjay

Omgitzjay

k.

• Moderators
  • 8,436 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:30 PM

For some reason I can only imagine him doing a Tobey Maguire-esque Saturday Night Fever emo heel.

LOL.

#18 SpecialFNK

SpecialFNK

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 860 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:18 PM

I'm not buying it. bitter character on the verge of turning heel, but wont. sounds like TNA would just want to see the reaction by fans to AJ potentially turning heel and then decide what to do next.
IMO AJ didn't work as a heel with Flair because TNA was trying to turn him into someone just like Flair.
I don't know if/how they would/could do this. but maybe one way to make sure people see AJ as a heel is to have him turn on TNA and become Aces/Eights. but I'm not sure that fits his style either. he doesn't look the biker type. maybe something could be done where people in TNA are thinking he is Aces/Eights and AJ not saying much. similar to what Sting was back in WCW with nWo.

#19 Fenris

Fenris

I am Perfection

• Members
  • 2,215 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:52 PM

Maybe they could finally future endeavor him to ROH where he can be more at home.
Posted Image