Photo
- - - - -

TNAInsider Interview : The Blossom Twins Talk Knockouts, Influences, TNA British Boot Camp, and More

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 Wild

Wild

News Contributor

• News Contributor
  • 2,446 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:07 PM

Posted Image

TNA Wrestling's TNA British Boot Camp reality show contestants, The Blossom Twins, were kind enough to agree to take part in a interview for us here at TNAInsider. These stunning identical twins from Manchester, real names Kelly and Lucy Knott, got their start in wrestling all the way back in 2005 and all their hard work has definitely payed off. The pair are best known for competiting in the United States at Ohio Valley Wrestling, which is now the developmental territory for TNA Wrestling. For UK viewers the show TNA British Boot Camp airs Fridays at 10 P.M on Challenge TV.

Q. How did you break into the wrestling business and when did you realize that wrestling was the thing you wanted to do?

Both: "We realised we wanted to wrestle at 14 years old after falling in love with at 12! We researched schools and at 16 went to Futureshock wrestling in Manchester!"

Q. Both of you, along with Rockstar Spud and Marty Scrull, have been participating in a TNA Project called TNA British Boot Camp, what has that experience been like?

Both: "It has been beyond incredible; honestly, it’s been an amazing experience for us. We have had so many pinch yourself moments and are just making sure to take everything in and have fun!"

Q. What are your thoughts on the Knockouts Division, who would you each like to face?

Both: "We think TNA have one of the best women’s divisions a company can offer. We would love to step in the ring with each one of those girls and feel we could learn so much from them! Mickie James would be an honour to wrestle again and Gail Kim and Madison Rayne are dream opponents for us, having established themselves as a tag team!"

Q. You both have said you would love to become TNA Knockout Tag Team Champions, considering the Knockouts Tag Division is lacking, are you looking to rejuvenate it?

Both: "That is something we would absolutely love to do. There are not a lot of women’s tag teams out there so to build up a division and create something exciting to watch would be a dream for us and we feel TNA is the place to do it!"

Q. We've noticed that TNA Knockout Champion Tara sees a lot of potential in both of you, what's it like to have that kind of support from such a veteran in the wrestling industry?

Both: "We grew up watching her on TV so to hear her talk about us is quite surreal and of course we appreciate her support so much! It makes us want to work harder and gives us the determination to be the best we can be to be able to one day step in the ring with her!"

Q. What was it like coming to the Impact Zone in Orlando, FL and preforming with the likes of Hulk Hogan, Eric Bischoff, and Dixie Carter watching?

Both: "It was as nerve wrecking as it sounds, Hulk Hogan, Dixie Carter, Eric Bischoff were watching…us!! We were 9 or 10 when we first got a glimpse of Hulk Hogan so to be given the chance to wrestle in front of him and get his feedback was unbelievable and such an honour. However, when it came to going out there and performing, you have to put it to the back of your mind and let the nerves go and just do the best you can do and give it 110% and that’s what we feel like we did! It was so much fun!"

Q. What do you say has been your greatest accomplishment both individually and as a tag team?

Both: "Both as a team and individually we would say being chosen to take part in TNA’s British Boot Camp. To have Hulk Hogan and Dixie Carter choose us was a huge compliment to how hard we have been working and that we must have been doing something right! It really is a dream come true for us right now! One that we couldn’t be more grateful for! Also, winning the OVW Women’s title was an amazing achievement, knowing who has held that belt before us made it very special and was definitely a wow moment for us as to how far we have come!"

Q. In and out of the ring, who do you say had the greatest impact on your lives?

Both: "In wrestling Jeff Hardy has been one of our biggest influences, he was the reason we loved wrestling and got into it as much as we did and to this day we continue and aspire to stay true to what we believe in and who we are the same way he has done!"

"Outside of the ring our Mum and Dad continue to amaze us with their support and love! Our family and friends are everything to us and they each have different impacts on our lives and keep us smiling, happy, focused and blessed every day!"

Q. What is the best advice you could give to any aspiring professional wrestlers?

Both: "Make sure you do your research and go to a good school! Be prepared to work hard and listen. Talk to everyone, ask questions and learn from everyone and everything that goes on! Be yourself and stay true to who you are and have fun!"

Q. Anything you want to tell all your fans and supporters?

Both: "We truly mean it when we say thank you to everyone who supports us. For all the kind messages and tweets to coming and taking the time to say hi to us at shows, it means the world to us! You really do make us smile and we hope we can inspire you to live your dreams, as we believe in each and every one of you in the same way you have shown you believe in us! Thank you!!!"

You connect with the Blossom Twins on twitter at @TheBlossomTwins

Edited by WILDMVS, 03 January 2013 - 10:38 PM.

#2 Big Lou

Big Lou

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:11 PM

Blossom Twin mania runnin' wild today... :woot: :woot:

#3 patrickaj13

patrickaj13

Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi

• Advanced Member
  • 3,851 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:56 AM

Awesome that we got an interview from them when all we are is a web forum! I like the look of them so far, I think I'll take a liking to them if they get signed to TNA. But just a quick question, how exactly did the interviewing users of this site get in contact with them?

Posted Image

"If you're going to treat people like animals, sooner rather than later they're going to start to behave like animals" - Wade Barrett

"My demons are stronger than ever. This lifetime is harder than ever, but I've become somebody better...somebody better" - Papa Roach

"If only sorrow could build a staircase, and tears could show the way, we would climb our way to heaven, and bring him back home again" - Bring Me The Horizon

#4 writer125

writer125

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 578 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:08 AM

Great interviews with the Blossom/Knott sisters. Thankfully TNA Impact Wrestling has got them, so they can blossom here. They can become big stars and show that they can wrestle too.

#5 MR B

MR B

TNA insider Number 1 jeff hardy hater

• Advanced Member
  • 2,976 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:20 PM

Based what I saw on the series so far they need more of edge they seam to nice.

Posted Image

#6 Wild

Wild

News Contributor

• News Contributor
  • 2,446 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:07 AM

But just a quick question, how exactly did the interviewing users of this site get in contact with them?

I did the interview. I contacted them through twitter and they agreeded to do the interview and sent me their email address. Very kind of them. Really hoping to do more interviews on the site.

#7 patrickaj13

patrickaj13

Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi

• Advanced Member
  • 3,851 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:11 AM

I did the interview. I contacted them through twitter and they agreeded to do the interview and sent me their email address. Very kind of them. Really hoping to do more interviews on the site.

Well that's so cool that they agreed over social networking to do the interview, and the fact that we as a forum got them to do the interview could create good publicity for the site.

Yes you should aim to get more interviews for the site this year :)

Posted Image

"If you're going to treat people like animals, sooner rather than later they're going to start to behave like animals" - Wade Barrett

"My demons are stronger than ever. This lifetime is harder than ever, but I've become somebody better...somebody better" - Papa Roach

"If only sorrow could build a staircase, and tears could show the way, we would climb our way to heaven, and bring him back home again" - Bring Me The Horizon