Photo
- - - - -

Did The Amazing Red No Show The X-Division PPV Because Of The WWE?

Rumor

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

#1 Robert Tilton

Robert Tilton

Insider

• Administrators
  • 764 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:09 PM

Former TNA Wrestler The Amazing Red was announced and scheduled for the TNA X-Division pay per view entitled X-Travaganza. Both TNA and Red have been very quiet concerning Red not wrestling at the event. One source indicated to me that it's possible that Red may have withdrawn a few days earlier partly due to the TNA vs WWE lawsuit.

Red who recently had a tryout match with the WWE was spoken very highly of by WWE announcer Matt Striker and Bill DeMott. Striker is said to be the one who managed to get Red his tryout with TNA. Further details are that Red actually didn't have a tryout or a dark match at all mainly due to the TNA vs WWE lawsuit.

During the tryout there was first a miscommunication regarding Red. One agent and Ryback originally believed Red and two other opponents were going to be used as squash characters for Ryback for the WWE No Way Out Pay Per View. Bill Demott interjected and told Ryback that Red was not going to be a squash character and was here for something else. After a short talk with Demott, Red was notified that no current or former TNA talent could be signed to contracts because of the pending legal situation with TNA. Red was allowed the run the ropes and show off a handful of moves but no formal tryout or dark match was ever offered to him. It is believed that WWE did have intentions to sign Red to some form of contact, be it for the main roster or for WWE's long rumored cruiser-weight show.

The TNA lawsuit against the WWE was dismissed just 3 days before the TNA X-travaganza pay per view taping which leads some sources to believe that Red felt the need to withdraw himself from the event in hopes of landing a more lucrative WWE contract. Red recently participated in two interviews since the PPV tapings. Both interviews seemed to have intentionally left out any mention of the TNA X-travaganza tapings and Red has refused to publicly mention anything about no-showing the event

#2 Jackanape

Jackanape

Mr Flibble is very cross...

• Advanced Member
  • 3,340 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:21 PM

Red vs PAC vs Generico would undoubtably be an awesome spotfest.

Oops! Something went wrong!

[#10211]

Unable to retrieve signature image dimensions, please try another image.

#3 Jreese

Jreese

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:46 PM

Career suicide if signed with Dubya Dubya E......Lets hope it doen't happen

#4 Minters

Minters

OMG I ARE TEN PERCENT

• Advanced Member
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:53 PM

Yeah hes doing so much better in the indies.

#5 Jackanape

Jackanape

Mr Flibble is very cross...

• Advanced Member
  • 3,340 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:58 PM

Career suicide if signed with Dubya Dubya E......Lets hope it doen't happen

What drew you to that conclusion?

Oops! Something went wrong!

[#10211]

Unable to retrieve signature image dimensions, please try another image.

#6 Darren Grett

Darren Grett

Site Admin

• Administrators
  • 8,656 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:05 PM

Red vs PAC vs Generico would undoubtably be an awesome spotfest.

You're assuming they would let them do whatever spots they want to. Bryan for example has yet to show me a match in the WWE that would even come close to what he has done in the independents. Not to say his matches have been bad but they are nowhere near the caliber he had in the independents. He wrestles the WWE style now and creative dictates the pace of the match; Not the wrestlers.

#7 patrickaj13

patrickaj13

Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi

• Advanced Member
  • 3,851 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:05 PM

We'd want Red to stay out of WWE surely, wouldn't we? They won't make anything special out of him.

Posted Image

"If you're going to treat people like animals, sooner rather than later they're going to start to behave like animals" - Wade Barrett

"My demons are stronger than ever. This lifetime is harder than ever, but I've become somebody better...somebody better" - Papa Roach

"If only sorrow could build a staircase, and tears could show the way, we would climb our way to heaven, and bring him back home again" - Bring Me The Horizon

#8 Minters

Minters

OMG I ARE TEN PERCENT

• Advanced Member
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:52 PM

We'd want Red to stay out of WWE surely, wouldn't we? They won't make anything special out of him.

Again, why? Hes not currently involved with TNA and if WWE want to hire him and put him back on the air, why would you want to stop that?

#9 Incognito

Incognito

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 3,578 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:08 PM

You're assuming they would let them do whatever spots they want to. Bryan for example has yet to show me a match in the WWE that would even come close to what he has done in the independents. Not to say his matches have been bad but they are nowhere near the caliber he had in the independents. He wrestles the WWE style now and creative dictates the pace of the match; Not the wrestlers.

A very unfortunate truth. That's why I'm always conflicted about talented in-ring performers signed up from the indies to WWE contracts. I'm happy for them gaining better financial prospects, yet also mourning their prospects of performing up to their full in-ring potential due to the limits of WWE style.

#10 Frieza

Frieza

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 474 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:58 PM

:D
"Ooooohhhhh my goodness he just left a skid mark on that boy"

My name may have changed, but Amazing Red still owns.

#11 thechairmen

thechairmen

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:37 AM

I bet we'll see him at the 10 year reunion PPV
Posted Image

#12 Zeppelin4

Zeppelin4

The One and Only...

• Advanced Member
  • 7,596 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:24 AM

I bet we'll see him at the 10 year reunion PPV

I really can't see TNA taking the fact he no-showed for WWE lightly. If TNA takes it seriously enough he could have potentially burned his bridges with the company for good.

Posted Image

“I know you are here to kill me. Shoot, coward, you are only going to kill a man.”- Che Guevara

R.I.P "Macho Man" Randy Savage 1952 - 2011

#13 Omgitzjay

Omgitzjay

k.

• Moderators
  • 8,436 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:01 PM

Hahahahahaha.