Photo
- - - - -

Major Flaw In TNA Gut Check Online Poll

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
21 replies to this topic

#1 Wild

Wild

News Contributor

• News Contributor
  • 2,446 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:04 PM

For those unaware, TNA has developed an online poll to see which independent wrestler with the most popular vote will get their TNA Gut Check on a live episode of Impact Wrestling. The orginal rule for the contest was that each IP address would receive one vote per poll, so TNA urged that the fans carefully pick the wrestlers they want to advance to the final round. This has all changed. Either a glitch in the system or TNA has changed the poll allowing a user to have an unlimited amount of votes. The orginial wrestlers that were leading the polls have fallen behind in the ranks because fans are spamming the servers.

Independent wrestler Adrienne Reese, better known by her ring name Athena, was one of the leaders in her Gut Check poll. She pretty much had a guranteed spot to advance until fans got the power to vote as much as they want. She showed her anger, tweeting ;

Posted Image Athena Reese@wg06athena 2h
So tna emailed everyone this am and said they're not going to fix the multi vote-result I offcially don't give 2 shits about this bs contest

This means that the original wrestlers who were leading the polls may no longer win, considering fans, friends, or family of a perticular wrestler can vote up to 1000 times or more.

#2 Frieza

Frieza

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 474 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:17 PM

Lol Athena talk about burning bridges. With an attitude like that she doesn't deserve a contract!
"Ooooohhhhh my goodness he just left a skid mark on that boy"

My name may have changed, but Amazing Red still owns.

#3 nivjourney87

nivjourney87

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 493 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:22 PM

Exactly. Tantrum at the first hurdle... Already seems like too much hassle.
As fo the voting, this is nothing new, I voted for several people in each bracket in the first week and it didn't stop me...
Niv

#4 Namor1987

Namor1987

Proud Creator Of The "Yay Or Nay" Threads.

• Advanced Member
  • 6,392 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:42 AM

A lot of shit is rigged nowadays.

Edited by Namor1987, 05 February 2013 - 12:42 AM.

Posted Image

#5 ripped

ripped

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 410 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:38 AM

Dont know why people are on her. She is 100% right. What is the point of this whole thing if you can vote 1000 times. Might as well just scrap the whole idea of letting "fans" vote.

#6 @GaTechGrad

@GaTechGrad

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 1,872 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:51 AM

With an attitude like that, it sounds like it's a good thing for TNA's sake that she didn't win.

tna_banner4_zps4e645d94.png

#7 Wild

Wild

News Contributor

• News Contributor
  • 2,446 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:01 AM

I'd be upset aswell. A lot of wrestlers were angry with this whole contest. Courtney Rush demanded to be removed from te polls because they revealed her real name and other personal information.

It sucks though because all the people that were winning just got screwed over and that pisses me off. These nobodies with 3 votes went to 3000.

#8 Jackanape

Jackanape

Mr Flibble is very cross...

• Advanced Member
  • 3,340 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:01 AM

It was a joke from the beginning anyway...

Edited by Jackanape, 05 February 2013 - 03:58 AM.

Oops! Something went wrong!

[#10211]

Unable to retrieve signature image dimensions, please try another image.

#9 Namor1987

Namor1987

• Advanced Member
  • 6,392 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:10 AM

I don't recognize a lot of the names on those brackets due to them using their real names instead of their ring names. That said I want Tomasso Ciampa to win the whole thing that is all.

Posted Image

#10 Dizzy

Dizzy

An NBA Championship Coming Soon

• Advanced Member
  • 4,817 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:20 AM

Ironic because I don't give two "shits" about her either. With that being said, TNA needs to fix this and have it as a proper voting poll.

I guess the fact, some of these no name chicks are salty over the fact, people would rather vote 100 times for someone else is really that upsetting. Go work on your craft.

#11 WilsonWade

WilsonWade

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 3,767 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:46 AM

TNA Entertainment LLC revealing flaws since 2002. I don't blame her for feeling the way she does. She shouldn't be held accountable, it's whoevers running those engine, sad they have a degree and are incompetent at the simplest things like that.
Posted Image
If you read this I am sorry to say that you just lost 5 seconds of your life that you won't be getting back.*

*Actual time may vary.

#12 Zeppelin4

Zeppelin4

The One and Only...

• Advanced Member
  • 7,596 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:39 AM

I knew this thing was going to be rigged. Thats why I didn't even bother voting or get invested in it from the start.

Posted Image

“I know you are here to kill me. Shoot, coward, you are only going to kill a man.”- Che Guevara

R.I.P "Macho Man" Randy Savage 1952 - 2011

#13 HobertC

HobertC

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 595 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:48 AM

they should go ahead and pick 32 guys do a gut check tournament at houseshows and for Xplosion.....
Posted Image

#14 WilsonWade

WilsonWade

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 3,767 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:50 PM

it's like going to a simple fast food establishment that you've never been to before, and you have a hard time deciding wtf you want because there are way too many choices.
Posted Image
If you read this I am sorry to say that you just lost 5 seconds of your life that you won't be getting back.*

*Actual time may vary.

#15 Minters

Minters

OMG I ARE TEN PERCENT

• Advanced Member
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:03 PM

lol at people chastising her. To you, its just some silly little online poll. To her, its a high paying job in an industry that she has devoted her life to.

#16 Frieza

Frieza

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 474 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:50 PM

When something goes wrong, don't just visit Twitter and whine about it! She should consider herself lucky she was in there at all.
"Ooooohhhhh my goodness he just left a skid mark on that boy"

My name may have changed, but Amazing Red still owns.

#17 Namor1987

Namor1987

• Advanced Member
  • 6,392 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:11 PM

lol at people chastising her. To you, its just some silly little online poll. To her, its a high paying job in an industry that she has devoted her life to.

She'll get over it. Maybe old Vince will hire her. Hell he'll probably sign a good chunk of these guys just to feel his jobber spots.

Posted Image

#18 Minters

Minters

OMG I ARE TEN PERCENT

• Advanced Member
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:17 PM

When something goes wrong, don't just visit Twitter and whine about it! She should consider herself lucky she was in there at all.

If this is the same Athena that was around when TNA first started, then she has every right to feel aggrieved. The fans were chanting her name and holding up signs demanding to see more of her, but it took TNA 6 months+ to even put her on the air. Not long after doing that, they just dropped her, despite people in the crowd still demanding to see her. Think a female version of Zack Ryder. If its the same woman, she should feel aggrieved about having to go through the whole process again when she has already proven that she can get over with the fans.

Obviously, if its not the same woman, then disregard all that.

#19 Wild

Wild

News Contributor

• News Contributor
  • 2,446 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:49 PM

^ Not the same person. The Athena from 2003 was just really a ring girl, but she was popular with the fans in Nashville.

This Athena, from what I heard, is extremely talented. I'd be upset also if I just got screwed out of being signed to the #2 wrestling promotion in the world.

#20 nivjourney87

nivjourney87

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 493 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:00 PM

She hasn't got screwed yet... why not rally the fans to vote for you millions of times too?
Niv