Photo
- - - - -

*Rumor* WWE's Reaction to Impact going on the road

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
32 replies to this topic

#1 Jim Uni

Jim Uni

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 250 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:12 PM

PWInsider.com is reporting that while the WWE might say publicly that they do not view TNA as competition, but TNA's recent announcement that they are taking Impact Wrestling on the road has already resulted in action from WWE. WWE has reportedly began contacting a number of mid-sized arenas to put holds on them for future dates, in order to keep TNA from running those venues.

In the event that TNA starts running shows every Thursday, WWE, there is even talk of WWE changing their touring schedule and running shows on Thursday nights as well in similar markets that TNA runs.

#2 Big Lou

Big Lou

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:21 PM

In the event that TNA starts running shows every Thursday, WWE, there is even talk of WWE changing their touring schedule and running shows on Thursday nights as well in similar markets that TNA runs.

Source: Pwinsider.com and Rajah.com

For the sake of the WWE wrestlers, I hope that does not happen. Another night on the road and away from home for those guys.

I am not surprised by this news. I know it's all business, but this is shady business by the WWE. Really shady.

#3 Jackanape

Jackanape

Mr Flibble is very cross...

• Advanced Member
  • 3,340 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:31 PM

Doesn't suprise me really.

Oops! Something went wrong!

[#10211]

Unable to retrieve signature image dimensions, please try another image.

#4 eclairal

eclairal

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 182 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:59 PM

I hate that news because basically, it's like Vince thinks only with his money...
" There is a competitor ? Maybe I should improve my product ... No, I will just use my money and try to ruin their plans "
" I need people to headline my shows. Maybe I should create new stars ... No, I will just bring back some legends "

#5 Jim Uni

Jim Uni

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 250 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:40 PM

He's always been like that. He'd take briefcases full of money to different TV affiliates/stations all around the country and say "Stop running this program and run mine instead. Here's a briefcase full of cash for your troubles." while also threatening PPV providers that he wouldn't give them WrestleMania unless they didn't run Starrcade and instead ran his new PPV Survivor Series.

I thought the 2013 WWE would be better than this and accept that they have a near total monopoly on wrestling and any competition with them won't hurt them one bit. Vince has said "TNA is wrestling. We are sports entertainment. They are not our competition." It's all bullshit though.

Edited by Jim Uni, 06 February 2013 - 09:41 PM.

#6 Fyzza

Fyzza

#Fyzzamania

• Advanced Member
  • 4,900 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:43 PM

lolvince

Honestly, I don't doubt that TNA saw this coming and booked several venues in advance.

Posted Image

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Adam Savage

#7 Wild

Wild

News Contributor

• News Contributor
  • 2,446 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:08 PM

Not surprised but I want them to have success on the road. Hopefully they have everything all planned out.

Edited by WILDMVS, 06 February 2013 - 10:11 PM.

#8 James Jolley

James Jolley

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 156 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:25 PM

PWInsider.com is reporting that while the WWE might say publicly that they do not view TNA as competition, but TNA's recent announcement that they are taking Impact Wrestling on the road has already resulted in action from WWE. WWE has reportedly began contacting a number of mid-sized arenas to put holds on them for future dates, in order to keep TNA from running those venues.

This ranks as one of the most insane things i've ever read with regards to the WWE. I understand that business is business but this is completely out of line. No wonder TNA wanted to take the bastards for everything the WWE's got. It wasn't successful then, but I seriously wonder if there's a case now if this is to be believed. Shady as hell

#9 James Jolley

James Jolley

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 156 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:29 PM

I hate that news because basically, it's like Vince thinks only with his money...
" There is a competitor ? Maybe I should improve my product ... No, I will just use my money and try to ruin their plans "
" I need people to headline my shows. Maybe I should create new stars ... No, I will just bring back some legends "

Lol true enough. One only has to look at www.youtube.com/bruceblitzed to see how markishly pathetic some fans can be. "The Rock's the man" according to him. I always said this, what about the thousands of dollars spent on making new stars in the developmental facility they have there. No, we'll just bring the Rock back to be as boring and pathetic as he was in 98. Ratings are low, wonder why? WWE is a sinking ship and the sooner people realise that Vince isn't interested in them, the better. People might complain about TNA and the Carter family and such, but never let it be said that they aren't interested in the fans feelings with regards to the TNA product.

#10 James Jolley

James Jolley

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 156 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:32 PM

I thought the 2013 WWE would be better than this and accept that they have a near total monopoly on wrestling and any competition with them won't hurt them one bit. Vince has said "TNA is wrestling. We are sports entertainment. They are not our competition." It's all bullshit though.

It's as if he doesn't know what he wants. First, it was attitude to copy ECW. We've had PG to promote political nonsense. What's next then? That family are completely useless with regards to focusing on what works. HHH taking over is a specific issue I take serious issue with because he's going to put himself over for 20 minutes. Really, Vince never learns. Trouble is, there are so many WWE defenders on the internet. Stockholm syndromers I call them.

#11 James Jolley

James Jolley

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 156 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:33 PM

lolvince

Honestly, I don't doubt that TNA saw this coming and booked several venues in advance.

Quite. Nobody understands business like Vince, nobody lives in the wrestling bubble that he does either. What a pathetic and insane thing to do, bribe, corrupt and lie. Typical McMahon.

#12 luckysalt

luckysalt

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 846 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:46 PM

If WWE blocks TNA using certain buildings that sucks, BUT.
TNA using MUCCCCH smaller buildings than WWE does, so I can't see this being anything.

#13 Jim Uni

Jim Uni

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 250 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:01 PM

If WWE blocks TNA using certain buildings that sucks, BUT.
TNA using MUCCCCH smaller buildings than WWE does, so I can't see this being anything.

Not really. WWE uses the mid-size venues for house shows. Many of those venues are cheaper for TV than any other venue. TNA can't use the small house show venues for TV. So WWE is going to try to control the best price venues to stop TNA from running as many big markets as they can so they can push them back to Orlando. If TNA is live every week from different venues around the country, that will give TNA their biggest momentum shift they have ever had. It does not really put WWE at risk but it won't stop them from possibly seeing TNA as a threat down the road.

It's really ridiculous. WWE does not need to do stuff like this anymore to grow or survive. There is a fine line between putting a show on head-to-head with another and trying to convince venues to sign exclusive agreements (which they have done before and probably will again). I really hope they come to their senses and realize it isn't really necessary and let them be. WWE is going to be just fine.

Edited by Jim Uni, 06 February 2013 - 11:05 PM.

#14 Fyzza

Fyzza

#Fyzzamania

• Advanced Member
  • 4,900 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:42 PM

If TNA is live every week from different venues around the country

It's a different venue every two weeks; they're taping two in one night.

Posted Image

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Adam Savage

#15 Zeppelin4

Zeppelin4

The One and Only...

• Advanced Member
  • 7,596 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:53 PM

I added a "Rumor" tag to the title

To me this all seems way too far fetched to be completely true. While I can see WWE starting to plan more dates in advance to avoid conflict with TNA's touring schedule I seriously doubt they're going to start changing the entire touring schedule to run shows against TNA's shows in certain markets.

Posted Image

“I know you are here to kill me. Shoot, coward, you are only going to kill a man.”- Che Guevara

R.I.P "Macho Man" Randy Savage 1952 - 2011

#16 wifiaero

wifiaero

ECIII

• Advanced Member
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:27 AM

So WWE is wasting money to "hold" small mid-size arenas. This is funny. The Troll report needs to try harder.

Trouble, Trouble, Trouble.

#17 Girlgamer25

Girlgamer25

The Retro Game Master

• Advanced Member
  • 656 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:27 AM

I added a "Rumor" tag to the title

To me this all seems way too far fetched to be completely true. While I can see WWE starting to plan more dates in advance to avoid conflict with TNA's touring schedule I seriously doubt they're going to start changing the entire touring schedule to run shows against TNA's shows in certain markets.

The problem Zep is that this is the kind of stunt I would expect Vince to pull which he has done many times in the past and he will do it again. Even though this is a rumor only which I have no doubt that PWinsider probably started to get clicks by its subscribers. We can't deny Vince's past doings when it comes to this type of underhanded tactics. Regardless whether this is true or not WWE will diffidently be watching Impact Wrestling even closer now that they taken the show on the road and live.
Impact Wrestling's "solution" to their ratings problems:

Ah screw it...lets go back to five minute matches, story lines that don't go any where, have random kidnappings from ninjas, hire back Big Lazy, Booker T., and Scott Steiner so Bully and Devon can drop A's & 8's. Then let them join up with the has beens so they could reform the MEM with Sting and Angle, have 15 to 20 minute promos, and go back to the Impact Zone. I'm pretty sure the ratings will go back up to those magical 1.2's to 1.3's again just like that with no problem what's so ever :).

#18 Dizzy

Dizzy

An NBA Championship Coming Soon

• Advanced Member
  • 4,817 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:34 AM

Don't buy it whatsoever.

#19 Omgitzjay

Omgitzjay

k.

• Moderators
  • 8,436 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:23 AM

TNA will book places in advance, i'm sure they got a few people working on it, I don't think people need to worry, theres a shitload of arena's out there and even WWE can't afford to book every single mid-sized arena every single week. lol.

#20 Namor1987

Namor1987

Proud Creator Of The "Yay Or Nay" Threads.

• Advanced Member
  • 6,392 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:26 AM

That's a pussy ass move! Fuck the WWE! Shit like that makes me want to watch their product anymore. Hell the any time I remote pay attention is when The Shield or Antonio Cesaro is on other than that I just daydream & zone out. WWE does retarded punk ass moves that makes them look like a bunch of bitches. Fuck Vince. He's a dumb son of gun if I ever saw 1. Blatant sabotage is just fucked up. I can't stand when WWE does stupid shit like a bunch of high school girls.

Posted Image