Photo
- - - - -

WWE Hall Of Famer Bret Hart Shoots On TNA, Hogan, Bischoff, Wants Styles In The WWE

Video

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
59 replies to this topic

#1 Darren Grett

Darren Grett

Site Admin

• Administrators
  • 8,656 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:54 PM

WWE Hall of Famer Bret Hart had some harsh words for TNA and the current and former creative team during a recent interview with the UK’s WrestleTalkTV

On Hulk Hogan:
“The only thing Hulk Hogan ever knew was how to make Hulk Hogan. He couldn’t tell you how to make AJ Styles or Samoa Joe. What’s Hulk Hogan going to tell Samoa Joe? He doesn’t know anything to even tell him, he’s got zero to offer.”

On Eric Bischoff and Vince Russo:

“Bischoff knows nothing, he’s an idiot, Vince Russo was a magazine writer that thought he was a wrestling expert that never had a good idea in his life, and Hogan was pretty limited, all he knew how to do was [cup his ear] and do the leg-drop.”

On why AJ Styles should leave TNA and go to the WWE:

“AJ Styles is a good a wrestler as anyone in the world, he’s really good, he should really be in WWE because he’s spinning his tires in TNA. It’s a shame because WWE’s the big stage. I look at Chris Benoit when he went to WWE; he actually cried on the phone he didn’t want to leave WCW, but I remember telling him on the phone you’re never going to get the break you deserve unless you go to WWE…If AJ Styles really wants to make it he needs to dump that bush-league and get to the big time…I just hope that AJ Styles doesn’t waste his life in TNA.”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEmyKbCqTPk

#2 Chozen1

Chozen1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:19 PM

All this from Mr. paycheck! Ironically, he never had a problem going to WCW and spending Ted Turner's money. He has became a joke.

#3 SpecialFNK

SpecialFNK

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 860 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:30 PM

Bret Hart is a wrestling icon. BUT, he's also an idiot. saying Bischoff knows nothing is just stupid.
I don't think Bret Hart understands what "professional wrestling" is. Bret Hart was a great in ring wrestler, but I think he puts too much importance on the in ring quality.

#4 Minters

Minters

OMG I ARE TEN PERCENT

• Advanced Member
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:59 PM

Honestly, Ive taken issue with some of the things Bret has said in the past, but I really cant pull him up on what he said about Hogan. What did Hogan do to try and get Abyss over back in 2010? Made him use Hogans mannerisms and entrance music. Lets just completely gloss over his attempt to get Garrett Bischoff over.

And in response to SpecialFNK: Saying that one of the greatest pro-wrestlers of all time doesnt understand what pro-wrestling is... thats a special kind of stupid.

Edited by Minters, 04 March 2013 - 03:00 PM.

#5 RovDogg

RovDogg

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 589 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:16 PM

All this from Mr. paycheck! Ironically, he never had a problem going to WCW and spending Ted Turner's money. He has became a joke.

What a strange opinion.

He did have a problem with going to WCW watch Wrestling with Shadows, the Bret Shawn DVD, his book and so on.

Bret Hart is a wrestling icon. BUT, he's also an idiot. saying Bischoff knows nothing is just stupid.

In the context of what Bret was talking about Bret is right. He was talking about developing talent into people who matter. Bischoff knows very little about Wrestling and booking.

TNA has mishandled AJ Styles greatly numerous times. From being the new Nature Boy to Prince AJ.

#6 ImNot5150

ImNot5150

World Champion

• Advanced Member
  • 464 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:49 PM

Yeah yeah yeah Bret.Keep crawl under Vince so probably he will approciate it.

Posted Image

#7 @GaTechGrad

@GaTechGrad

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 1,872 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:56 PM

Bret Hart has to be the most negative person in the history of wrestling. He seems to spend every moment criticizing those who he thinks have done him wrong. That's got to be a really miserable life.

tna_banner4_zps4e645d94.png

#8 James Jolley

James Jolley

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 156 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:13 PM

Bret Hart has to be the most negative person in the history of wrestling. He seems to spend every moment criticizing those who he thinks have done him wrong. That's got to be a really miserable life.

You're forgetting though, he still jumped back to the WWE despite him whinging and whining about how they had killed his brother. The WWE is a sinking ship and to say Punk is a star is laughable. I'd rather have good wrestling and action, as opposed to nonsensical skits, dance offs, hornswoggle (why he's still there is beyond me), C M sucks, the rock. Sick of all the TNA hate and I don't mind honest discussions, Hart was just bashing. Typical WWE retard.

#9 Big Lou

Big Lou

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:16 PM

With the exception of the bush league comment, Bret Hart is right.

Before I say that, TNA has not mishandled AJ Styles. They push him as their champion; made him the face of the promotion going into Spike TV in 2005. Anyone who say otherwise is wrong.

AJ Styles should leave TNA. He has accomplished so much in TNA what is there for him to do in TNA today and in the future? There is nothing left for AJ STyles to do in TNA anymore. He's done everything.

I do think it would be a good move for his career and for a personal accomplishment to cap off his great wrestling career if AJ Styles did go to the WWE. He deserves it; he's earned it.

And he is not the only one who go to the WWE. These other guys should go to the WWE as well:

1 - Samoa Joe

2 - Christopher Daniels

3 - Kazarian

Those three guys along with AJ Styles should go to the WWE at this point in their professional wrestling lives.

Edited by Big Lou, 04 March 2013 - 05:24 PM.

#10 Big Lou

Big Lou

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:17 PM

It's funny, Bret never complained about how poorly WCW/Bischoff/Hogan treated him when he was collecting a big fat paycheck.

Bret complains a lot. But he is right about AJ Styles.

Edited by Big Lou, 04 March 2013 - 05:22 PM.

#11 Killer Queen

Killer Queen

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 2,189 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:21 PM

Bret hart is one of the most bitter guys in the business as it pertains to guys that.were once big stars.

He also sounds dumb talking about AJ Styles as if he knows what's best for him

Use your friends, and be good to your enemies; so they'll become your friends, and you can use them too

#12 Big Lou

Big Lou

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:47 PM

On Hulk Hogan:
“The only thing Hulk Hogan ever knew was how to make Hulk Hogan. He couldn’t tell you how to make AJ Styles or Samoa Joe. What’s Hulk Hogan going to tell Samoa Joe? He doesn’t know anything to even tell him, he’s got zero to offer.”

This coming from Bret Hart who has not taken any time to protect some of his young family members like Tyson Kidd, DH Smith and Natayla Neidhart and their rough start in the WWE. Could have done more to look out for those guys.

From all the interviews I have read from former and current TNA wrestlers, all majority of those guys have said that they are learning a lot from Hogan. From Mick Foley, Abyss, Robert Roode, James Storm and Devon and Bully Ray. I have read that Hogan has been a positive influence and has offered his advice to all the young guys.

On Eric Bischoff and Vince Russo:
“Bischoff knows nothing, he’s an idiot, Vince Russo was a magazine writer that thought he was a wrestling expert that never had a good idea in his life, and Hogan was pretty limited, all he knew how to do was [cup his ear] and do the leg-drop.”

I would not say Bischoff is an idiot; that's just Bret being clueless and bitter...again. Bischoff did reinvigorate professional wrestling with his brash ideas and innovative concepts like Monday Nitro.

Bischoff also gave a chance to young talent like Chris Jericho, Rey Mysterio, Eddie Guerrero and discovered talents like Goldberg.

Bischoff also found success outside of wrestling with his production company. he must know something.

#13 Wormhole Wizards

Wormhole Wizards

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 881 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:10 PM

Bit rich coming from a man who flip flopping in his life from years ago, in order to keep himself relevant.

#14 igotthatpma123

igotthatpma123

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 170 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:17 PM

With the exception of the bush league comment, Bret Hart is right.

Before I say that, TNA has not mishandled AJ Styles. They push him as their champion; made him the face of the promotion going into Spike TV in 2005. Anyone who say otherwise is wrong.

AJ Styles should leave TNA. He has accomplished so much in TNA what is there for him to do in TNA today and in the future? There is nothing left for AJ STyles to do in TNA anymore. He's done everything.

I do think it would be a good move for his career and for a personal accomplishment to cap off his great wrestling career if AJ Styles did go to the WWE. He deserves it; he's earned it.

And he is not the only one who go to the WWE. These other guys should go to the WWE as well:

1 - Samoa Joe

2 - Christopher Daniels

3 - Kazarian

Those three guys along with AJ Styles should go to the WWE at this point in their professional wrestling lives.

That would be crazy aj styles is a franchise player. That would be like letting go of their kobe bryant or lebron James . Aj is the guy who can get it done no matter what he is still a character if given the right things to play off of can still have an amazing career in tna. When you think tna you think aj styles his matches has made him a legend already all he needs is a good writer and creative team that believes in his abilities.

#15 Zeppelin4

Zeppelin4

The One and Only...

• Advanced Member
  • 7,596 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:24 PM

Somebody sounds jealous.

Posted Image

“I know you are here to kill me. Shoot, coward, you are only going to kill a man.”- Che Guevara

R.I.P "Macho Man" Randy Savage 1952 - 2011

#16 Big Lou

Big Lou

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:32 PM

That would be crazy aj styles is a franchise player. That would be like letting go of their kobe bryant or lebron James . Aj is the guy who can get it done no matter what he is still a character if given the right things to play off of can still have an amazing career in tna. When you think tna you think aj styles his matches has made him a legend already all he needs is a good writer and creative team that believes in his abilities.

I just feel that at this point in his life AJ should move on and go to the WWE. My main man Lebron James did leave Cleveland for the chance to finally get a ring. Kobe will leave the Lakers in a couple of years. There is nothing wrong with saying that AJ Styles should leave TNA. Just for the chance to be with what has been his dream company to work for and maybe be on a wrestlemania card. He has earned that right. That is where Bret is right. The same for Samoa Joe and company.

Edited by Big Lou, 04 March 2013 - 06:32 PM.

#17 Jackanape

Jackanape

Mr Flibble is very cross...

• Advanced Member
  • 3,340 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:40 PM

You're forgetting though, he still jumped back to the WWE despite him whinging and whining about how they had killed his brother. The WWE is a sinking ship and to say Punk is a star is laughable.

Punk is a star. Even the most the most idiotic TNA fanboy (well, apart from you it seems) would have to admit that Punk is one of the biggest stars in the industry.

I'd rather have good wrestling and action, as opposed to nonsensical skits, dance offs, hornswoggle (why he's still there is beyond me), C M sucks, the rock. Sick of all the TNA hate and I don't mind honest discussions, Hart was just bashing. Typical WWE retard.

"WAHHHH!... WHY IS EVERYONE ALWAYS PICKING ON POOR DEFENSELESS MULTI-MILLION DOLLAR COMPANY TNA... WAHHHHH!"

Oops! Something went wrong!

[#10211]

Unable to retrieve signature image dimensions, please try another image.

#18 Big Ern

Big Ern

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:04 PM

Punk is heading to the midcard to join Orton and Rhodes.
Whatcha' going to do?

#19 Big Lou

Big Lou

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:04 PM

I always liked Bret but it is so sad that he does this. Bret should enjoy life and stop acting like a baby with all this - let's be honest - trolling that he is doing.

But I actually do agree with him about AJ.

#20 Big Lou

Big Lou

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:05 PM

Punk is heading to the midcard to join Orton and Rhodes.

Jobbing to the Undertaker first at wrestlemania 29. Then he joins RKO in midcard hell.

Edited by Big Lou, 04 March 2013 - 07:06 PM.