Photo
- - - - -

Dixie Carter Teases 'Big' Free Agent Signing

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
77 replies to this topic

#1 Darren Grett

Darren Grett

Site Admin

• Administrators
  • 8,656 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 05:25 PM

TNA President Dixie Carter announced via her twitter account that TNA has signed a 'big' free agent to a contract. She wrote the following:

And the ink is just drying on a BIG free agent that will rock #ImpactLIVE on @SpikeTV. Tune in & join us on this summer adventure.

#2 HobertC

HobertC

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 595 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 05:38 PM

Probably RVD..... could hope for someone like MVP or David Hart Smith or Lance Hoyt...
Posted Image

#3 Girlgamer25

Girlgamer25

The Retro Game Master

• Advanced Member
  • 656 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 05:41 PM

The only names I could think of that's a free agent is RVD, Steiner, Matt Hardy, and Chris Harris. It obviously won't be Hardy because of the stupid shit he pulled two years ago and Harris (despite a AMW reunion was implied a few weeks ago), I can't see coming back anytime soon. That then leaves RVD because of the fact his contract expired a few months ago and not too long ago he claimed he will appear in a mainstream promotion soon in a interview. As for Steiner, there's nothing I could think of that they could use for. The only things that come to mind is either to make him feud for the TV Title with some original talent aka Sabin and Magnus or make him join Ace's & 8'S (not sure what that will accomplish).
Impact Wrestling's "solution" to their ratings problems:

Ah screw it...lets go back to five minute matches, story lines that don't go any where, have random kidnappings from ninjas, hire back Big Lazy, Booker T., and Scott Steiner so Bully and Devon can drop A's & 8's. Then let them join up with the has beens so they could reform the MEM with Sting and Angle, have 15 to 20 minute promos, and go back to the Impact Zone. I'm pretty sure the ratings will go back up to those magical 1.2's to 1.3's again just like that with no problem what's so ever :).

#4 Big Lou

Big Lou

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 05:48 PM

I hope, I hope, I hope it is one of these guys:

1 - John Morrison

2 - Batista

3 - Rob Van Dam

#5 The Phenomenal One

The Phenomenal One

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 05:56 PM

John Morrison? His character is based on a former rock star and Dixie like giving clues. If it is that's a huge coup for TNA.

#6 Girlgamer25

Girlgamer25

The Retro Game Master

• Advanced Member
  • 656 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 05:56 PM

I hope, I hope, I hope it is one of these guys:

1 - John Morrison

Wouldn't be surprise considering how much he improved compared to several years ago. Whether they sign him to a contract I hope they stick him in either TV or X Division because those areas sorely needs some fresh guys.

2 - Batista

I doubt it and its because he is a WWE guy that's close friends with Triple H. Besides he is in MMA at moment and lets say he does return it won't be the number two promotion but the company that made him into a name.

3 - Rob Van Dam

It will mostly likely be him as I mention in this thread already. He even teased a few months ago that he could be returning to a mainstream company.

Edited by Girlgamer25, 30 May 2013 - 05:58 PM.

Impact Wrestling's "solution" to their ratings problems:

Ah screw it...lets go back to five minute matches, story lines that don't go any where, have random kidnappings from ninjas, hire back Big Lazy, Booker T., and Scott Steiner so Bully and Devon can drop A's & 8's. Then let them join up with the has beens so they could reform the MEM with Sting and Angle, have 15 to 20 minute promos, and go back to the Impact Zone. I'm pretty sure the ratings will go back up to those magical 1.2's to 1.3's again just like that with no problem what's so ever :).

#7 Big Lou

Big Lou

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:05 PM

John Morrison? His character is based on a former rock star and Dixie like giving clues. If it is that's a huge coup for TNA.

I was thinking the same exact thing. Something from that tweet hints at JOMO.

Wouldn't be surprise considering how much he improved compared to several years ago. Whether they sign him to a contract I hope they stick him in either TV or X Division because those areas sorely needs some fresh guys.

I doubt it and its because he is a WWE guy that's close friends with Triple H. Besides he is in MMA at moment and lets say he does return it won't be the number two promotion but the company that made him into a name.

It will mostly likely be him as I mention in this thread already. He even teased a few months ago that he could be returning to a mainstream company.

I agree with everything you said. You also bring up another great point that I always wanted to bring up. For the past couple of years Batista and John Morrison are available and TNA does not offer these two talented guys a contract? They should have thrown a big fat check to these guys and bring both of them together. Just wanted to say that.

Edited by Big Lou, 30 May 2013 - 06:07 PM.

#8 luckysalt

luckysalt

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 846 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:07 PM

Goldberg?

#9 jsquad nation

jsquad nation

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 231 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:11 PM

I don't think it's van Dam because the signing sounds like its a new person

#10 FMtillidie

FMtillidie

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 112 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:14 PM

a big face/babyface to battle against the aces and eights?
Posted Image

#11 deteastside

deteastside

i been. a wrestling fan for over 20 years i know what the fuck I

• Advanced Member
  • 397 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:21 PM

it's going to be christian cage and he joining aces and 8s

#12 SpecialFNK

SpecialFNK

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 860 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:26 PM

could it be MVP?

2-3 weeks ago there was some word that Bob Holly wanted to come to TNA, but I certainly wouldn't call that a big free agent.

#13 Namor1987

Namor1987

Proud Creator Of The "Yay Or Nay" Threads.

• Advanced Member
  • 6,392 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:31 PM

BIG DICK JOHNSON! DUH! OR IT COULD BE SHARK BOY OR JAY LETHAL SINCE THEY'RE FRESH & NEW! LOL I KID.

I honestly could careless who it is unless they're from the indies & have a lot of momentum. Maybe she'd sign Chuck Taylor or Johnny Gargano. Those guys are way better than RVD. But it'll more than likely be some "blast from the past nostalgia" guy to show the people up that've been living in the past their entire lives.

OH JOY!

Edited by Namor1987, 30 May 2013 - 06:36 PM.

Posted Image

#14 jsquad nation

jsquad nation

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 231 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:35 PM

it's going to be christian cage and he joining aces and 8s

I would love it to be CC

#15 luckysalt

luckysalt

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 846 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:36 PM

Its gunna be John Morrison isn't it.

He won't make a difference to ratings at all

#16 Mr.Anderson

Mr.Anderson

Pro Wrestling Is Real... People Are Fake!

• News Contributor
  • 4,767 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:38 PM

It's not MVP.

@The305MVP

Nope. Wasn't me. I'm still "funemployed". RT @KCurtiss58: @The305MVP So is it you that Dixie signed?

I wonder if she means 'BIG' as in a former WWE star, or 'BIG' as in a well known indy guy.

EDIT: Also, it's probably not RVD. TNA hasn't even acknowledged that he's been released.

Edited by Mr.Anderson, 30 May 2013 - 06:40 PM.

Posted Image

#17 SpecialFNK

SpecialFNK

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 860 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:41 PM

I was wondering if BIG in all capital letters means anything. BIG as in a BIG name, or BIG as in BIG in size.

I would absolutely love for it to be Bautista, but I can't see that happening.

#18 Big Lou

Big Lou

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:56 PM

If it is not a wrestler, so I will take one out of left field guess...

This dude was a great football player for the Chicago Bears and announced his retirement just last week. And TNA congratulated him on his retirement.

Brian Urlacher to TNA?

Posted Image

Edited by Big Lou, 30 May 2013 - 06:58 PM.

#19 GetReady2Fly

GetReady2Fly

The World Needs An Hero

• Advanced Member
  • 545 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:58 PM

I would love to see John Morrison for some reason.

Shameless Velvet Sky Mark

(I wish I had a bit more of a signature to put here)

#20 Namor1987

Namor1987

Proud Creator Of The "Yay Or Nay" Threads.

• Advanced Member
  • 6,392 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 07:22 PM

What if it was Josh Lewis from Repo Games & that guy from the Giants that was on Impact a few months ago! LOL i'd laugh my ass off

Posted Image