Photo
- - - - -

Knockouts Tag Team Championships Retired

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
33 replies to this topic

#1 Wild

Wild

News Contributor

• News Contributor
  • 2,446 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:57 PM

Posted Image

It seems as if the Knockouts Tag Team title belts have officially been deactivated. The titles were last held by Eric Young and ODB, who were champions from February 28, 2012 - June 20, 2013 before it was vacated by Knockout GM Brooke Hogan. The title has been vacated a total of 3 times, the first and second because of the releases of both Hamada and Awesome Kong.

The titles were originally won by former Knockouts Taylor Wilde and Sarita back in September of 2009 at the PPV No Surrender. It was officially retired on June 27, 2013, as TNA has removed it from their website.

Edited by Wild, 28 June 2013 - 10:41 PM.

#2 Killer Queen

Killer Queen

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 2,189 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:02 PM

next up, TV championship

Use your friends, and be good to your enemies; so they'll become your friends, and you can use them too

#3 Big Lou

Big Lou

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:07 PM

Good riddance to the Knockouts tag titles. Less is more. Now, time to get rid of the TV title.

#4 Wild

Wild

News Contributor

• News Contributor
  • 2,446 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:10 PM

next up, TV championship

I would say what would the mid carders have to go after, but they don't have any mid carders.

#5 Andre Taylor

Andre Taylor

• New Registrant
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:32 PM

About time... I agree the TV title should be next to go. For a title that used to mean something, it has become completely worthless.

#6 Killer Queen

Killer Queen

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 2,189 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:42 PM

I would say what would the mid carders have to go after, but they don't have any mid carders.

of course they have mid carders, but the TV championship is now the least cared about belt when it's supposed to be the #2 belt.

Use your friends, and be good to your enemies; so they'll become your friends, and you can use them too

#7 SpecialFNK

SpecialFNK

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 860 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 10:00 PM

it's too bad TNA is shitting on the TV title. although "TV title" isn't much of a name. WCW had a TV title, and it meant just as much as this one. what TNA needs is a better name. make this title like the intercontinental/United States title. this title should be for the mid card.
personally I think it's too bad the X division title gets so much meaning, for a bunch of cruiser weights.

#8 @GaTechGrad

@GaTechGrad

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 1,872 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 10:11 PM

I would have been fine with the TV title if it was a new championship when it was introduced. However, it has that awful lineage that goes back to basically being a vanity belt for Booker T.

tna_banner4_zps4e645d94.png

#9 Leviathan

Leviathan

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 784 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 10:13 PM

Good riddiance. It was a horrible idea from the start. They don't even have the depth to have a male tag team division let alone a female one.

About time... I agree the TV title should be next to go. For a title that used to mean something, it has become completely worthless.

It meant something in other companies, it's always been garbage in TNA.

The problem is that they just don't have time for more than 4 titles. They should just stick to the World, X-Division, Knockouts and Tag Titles.

#10 Juro

Juro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 10:13 PM

Good, now get rid of that TV title.

2l9jpkh.png

TNA Releases that NEED to happen: SAM FUCKING SHAW, Zema Ion, Wes Brisco, Tiffany Terrell, "Rockstar" Spud, Robbie E, ROB TERRY!, Mr Kennedy… I mean Anderson, Manik, Knux, King Mo, Kenny King, JAY BRADLEY, Eric Young, Chavo Guerrero, Brooke Tessmacher, Hernandez.

People I want hired: VINCE FUCKING RUSSO, Hamada, Raven, Chyna, Ken Shamrock, Traci Brooks, Angelina Love, Don West, Petey Williams, Matt Hardy, Lacey Von Erich, FATHER JAMES MITCHELL, Karen Jarrett and bring back Jeff Jarrett.

#11 Namor1987

Namor1987

Proud Creator Of The "Yay Or Nay" Threads.

• Advanced Member
  • 6,392 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 10:19 PM

If they just focus on the Heavyweight, X-Division, & Tag-Team Divisions then the people that aren't qualified for the X-Division or not good enough for the Heavyweight Division or suck on a team are screwed. That'd mean guys like Kazarian (who has really stepped his game up these pasts few years) would be fucked. They just need to make the TV Championship relevant. Hell have Kurt Angle win it & make it relevant again.

Posted Image

#12 Leviathan

Leviathan

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 784 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 11:30 PM

If they just focus on the Heavyweight, X-Division, & Tag-Team Divisions then the people that aren't qualified for the X-Division or not good enough for the Heavyweight Division or suck on a team are screwed.

That's a good point but what do you do, do you scrap the X-Division with all it's history and prestige or scrap the TV title with no history and prestige? I can see where you are coming from as some mid carders that do not wrestle the X-Division style don't have anything to do but TNA only has time for 4 titles at the moment.

#13 Brooks

Brooks

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 324 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 11:32 PM

Maybe sooner rather then later to retire the titles. I did like the concept back in '09 when TNA had the tournament and debuted the titles. I still like the idea for it today but TNA doesn't have the girls for it nor the tag teams real tag teams not thrown together and it is just to much for the KO division.
As for the TV title I'm like the rest of you. The TV title should be the secondary title a title that is for the the mid-carders a title like WCW's US or TV title (when it meant something) or like WWE today with the IC and US title I would not mind if TNA wen't that way with the TV title.
Like a few have said, re-design/name the TV title which would work now seeing how the TV is today first being the Legends title then Global title and now TV title. I really like the look and size of the title but it has gotten beat up through the years it doesn't even read TV on it on the top plate where it read Legends it's just a blank silver plate I think now when it was the Global title it read Global on it I think Dave (Millican) the belt maker could have made it read TV (TELEVISION) have it in the style of how it was for the Legends title silver outline with diamonds inside how it is for the bottom plate that reads Championship.

#14 Leviathan

Leviathan

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 784 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 11:34 PM

I did like the concept back in '09 when TNA had the tournament and debuted the titles.

Even when it debuted it only served as a tournament. It was always destined to fail after the tournament.

#15 Zeppelin4

Zeppelin4

The One and Only...

• Advanced Member
  • 7,596 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 04:21 AM

I still can't believe it took this long for TNA to finally decide to drop those titles once and for all.

I just hope they melt them down so this way they never ever get the idea to bring them back one more time.

Posted Image

“I know you are here to kill me. Shoot, coward, you are only going to kill a man.”- Che Guevara

R.I.P "Macho Man" Randy Savage 1952 - 2011

#16 Sting133

Sting133

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 446 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 07:53 AM

In the beginning this was a good idea i think. They had the beautiful People , sarita and Taylor Wilde , Kong and Raisha Saeed , Hamada and Sojournor Bolt, Alissa Flash and Daffney, Madison Rayne and Roxxi, Hemme and Tara and Brooks and Sharmell. I'm not going to say that they were all real tag teams, no certainly not maybe just those : the beautiful People, sarita and Taylor Wilde, Kong and Raisha Saeed. Then you have 3 good and i mean really good knockout Tag teams and you'd have 9 single knockouts actually 10 but i'm not gonna count sharmell as an active knockout. So if you see this then you realise that they surely had the potential but i think after a few weeks the ko tag team title got a lack of intrest by the writers and since then it went completly wrong with the title, So i don't think this was a bad idea but the real problem was and still is that or they haven't the tv time for the ko's or just a big lack of intrest and the same has happend for the tv title

Posted Image

#17 luckysalt

luckysalt

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 846 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 08:58 AM

They were a great idea at the time but should have been taken off the roster page a LONG time ago.

TV shouldn't go anywhere, it should just be used better. You have guys on the roster like Abyss who aren't gunna be world champ but are too big for the x division so gives them something to do.

EDIT - is this also TNA's first retired championship?

Edited by luckysalt, 29 June 2013 - 08:58 AM.

#18 Zeppelin4

Zeppelin4

The One and Only...

• Advanced Member
  • 7,596 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 03:58 PM

EDIT - is this also TNA's first retired championship?

Yeah pretty much

Posted Image

“I know you are here to kill me. Shoot, coward, you are only going to kill a man.”- Che Guevara

R.I.P "Macho Man" Randy Savage 1952 - 2011

#19 Nattie

Nattie

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 106 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 04:01 PM

It's a shame it came to this. If Russo was still the writer, those titles would have a meaning. As for TV title, TNA should rename it to Hardcore title and give it a 24/7 stipulation, at least it would be fun and people will be interested in it !

Posted Image

#20 Killer Queen

Killer Queen

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 2,189 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 06:35 PM

It's a shame it came to this. If Russo was still the writer, those titles would have a meaning. As for TV title, TNA should rename it to Hardcore title and give it a 24/7 stipulation, at least it would be fun and people will be interested in it !

That's a blantant WWE ripoff. Does this belt really need to be renamed with a new concept AGAIN? All they have to do is put it on a mid carder that people actually care about and take serious, and have it defended every so often. They could even give the belt a new/modified design. They had it right when guys like AJ, Joe, Abyss & Doug Williams competed for it. Devon is the TV title killer IMO, although the booking is to really blame