Photo
- - - - -

American Wolves

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
28 replies to this topic

#1 djtonyr

djtonyr

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 498 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 10:22 PM

Just read a report that the Wolves were very impressive at a WWE tryout. They currently have no contract with ROH. Hope TNA is in talks with them; as the tag division is understaffed right now. I feel the Wolves would rather sign with TNA then be re-packaged with stupid names; and spend who knows how long being on NXT. I hope TNA doesn't lose out on these guys like they missed out on Claudio and Chris Hero. Step up Dixie!!

#2 waytoomuch

waytoomuch

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 406 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 10:57 PM

tna aint gonna sign these guys. they're gonna miss out.  davey/eddie already got their foot in the door of the wwe performance center n already hav been impressive.  n i can't blame them if they go there.  look @ all the bad news that has come out about tna over the past few months.  all the budget cuts, restructurin, releases of talent; do u really think guys feel confident in trustin their future wit tna?? its too much bad press 4 seasoned indy guys 2 take a risk goin 2 tna.  they'd rather jump strait 2 wwe.  also wit the success of indy guys like punk n bryan, i'm sure more indy guys feel comfortable goin 2 wwe in terms of not only makin money but bein a success as well

#3 SexyRaider

SexyRaider

Tweener

• Advanced Member
  • 4,244 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 11:50 PM

Damn WWE's roster is good right now. Oh...and I'm pretty sure there's nothing TNA can possibly say or do to convince them to sign with them over WWE.

Posted Image

#4 Killer Queen

Killer Queen

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 2,189 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 11:52 PM

tna aint gonna sign these guys. they're gonna miss out.  davey/eddie already got their foot in the door of the wwe performance center n already hav been impressive.  n i can't blame them if they go there.  look @ all the bad news that has come out about tna over the past few months.  all the budget cuts, restructurin, releases of talent; do u really think guys feel confident in trustin their future wit tna?? its too much bad press 4 seasoned indy guys 2 take a risk goin 2 tna.  they'd rather jump strait 2 wwe.  also wit the success of indy guys like punk n bryan, i'm sure more indy guys feel comfortable goin 2 wwe in terms of not only makin money but bein a success as well

Disagree. If the oppurtunity presents itself, why wouldn't they go unless they are offered a crappy contract?. Only a few Indy guys out of the hundreds out there make it to WWE. Even fewer make it to the main roster, and only a small portion get pushed while on the main roster. That's just the way it is. If they get over with the fans, and stay over, they have nothing to worry about (Aries perfect example). People are so focused on TNA releasing people and are ignoring the fact that WWE releases way more talent than TNA on a yearly basis. That budget cutting TNA just did is normal practice in WWE. all those Indy darlings are not guranteed to be in WWE a few years from now.

Use your friends, and be good to your enemies; so they'll become your friends, and you can use them too

#5 Killer Queen

Killer Queen

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 2,189 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 11:54 PM

Damn WWE's roster is good right now. Oh...and I'm pretty sure there's nothing TNA can possibly say or do to convince them to sign with them over WWE.

It's not like they are losing out on real stars or anything

Edited by Killer Queen, 01 September 2013 - 11:55 PM.

Use your friends, and be good to your enemies; so they'll become your friends, and you can use them too

#6 SexyRaider

SexyRaider

Tweener

• Advanced Member
  • 4,244 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 11:58 PM

It's not like they are losing out on real stars or anything

Because TNA is just filled with good tag teams right now. They'd be stars the second they signed with TNA because they'd be the only good tag team on the roster aside from about 1.

Then again, knowing TNA they'd take a good tag team and have them debut to the most generic theme music, tights, and have a stupid ass name. Then they'll not appear for 5 months, just to win the tag titles on a random impact match and then get released.

Edited by SexyRaider, 02 September 2013 - 12:02 AM.

Posted Image

#7 Killer Queen

Killer Queen

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 2,189 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 12:13 AM

Because TNA is just filled with good tag teams right now. They'd be stars the second they signed with TNA because they'd be the only good tag team on the roster aside from about 1.

Out of everything going on with TNA right now, Tag teams are far from the main priority. They can put wrestler A with wrestler B to form a tag team

LAX or Chavo/Hernandez
Storm/Gunner
EY & Parks
Brisco & Bishoff
Joe & Magnus
Bro Mans
Bad Influence
Hall of Fame (Angle & Sting)

That's 9 real or realistic teams I just came up with without any issues. They can sign any good tag team from the Indy scene and restructure the tag division with no issues if they care to

Edited by Killer Queen, 02 September 2013 - 12:14 AM.

#8 Muscle Buster

Muscle Buster

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 507 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 12:19 AM

Honestly I wouldn't sign the American Wolves. If TNA is really smart they will FINALLY use their international deals and bring in TMDK and a tag from AAA.

130204_04.jpg

List of TNA wrestlers that were "WWE bound" in 2013: Bobby Roode, Samoa Joe, Magnus, Jeff Hardy, Bully Ray, AJ Styles.

List of owners TNA has: Eric Bischoff, Billy Corgan, Jake "The Snake" Roberts, Toby Keith, Jon Rich... Dixie Carter.

#9 SexyRaider

SexyRaider

Tweener

• Advanced Member
  • 4,244 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 12:29 AM

Out of everything going on with TNA right now, Tag teams are far from the main priority. They can put wrestler A with wrestler B to form a tag team

LAX or Chavo/Hernandez
Storm/Gunner
EY & Parks
Brisco & Bishoff
Joe & Magnus
Bro Mans
Bad Influence
Hall of Fame (Angle & Sting)

That's 9 real or realistic teams I just came up with without any issues. They can sign any good tag team from the Indy scene and restructure the tag division with no issues if they care to

I don't get what point you're trying to prove. I don't see any good teams. The only good team is Bad Influence and that's about it. Those are not tag teams, they are random people put together or people who are in the same stable currently. Not teams. Joe/Magnus is the only other one thats decent but they don't standout. You really think Robbie E and Jessie Godderz or Brisco and Garrett fucking Bischoff even compare in any way to the American Wolves? Davey & Eddie have been wrestling together for 5 fucking years. From day 1 they'd come in and be the best tag team TNA has. Just stop.

Posted Image

#10 Incognito

Incognito

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 3,578 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 01:04 AM

I'd much rather they bring back Gen Me than the American Wolves, but the Wolves wouldn't be a terrible signing as long as they kept them in the tag division and kept them far away from microphones, especially backstage interviews where Davey would have to be looking up to Borash.

Edited by Incognito, 02 September 2013 - 03:54 PM.

#11 Will

Will

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 4,184 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 01:12 AM

Let them go to wwe.

With wwe treating ROH like they used to treat ECW back in the day, TNA talent scouts should just ignore ROH. A budget conscious TNA should not go after talent that wwe is going after too. There is plenty of talented wrestlers on the indies affiliated with other Feds that aren't ROH.

TNA Would Be Nothing Without #TeamDixie

2h7qah1.png

#12 crimson mask

crimson mask

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 372 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 02:02 AM

I love davey richard but TNA need to move away from the smaller guys, they already have lots of small guys on their roster they don't need to add more to their roster

and im a short guy but i think TNA its currently over saturated with 6 feet and below wrestlers

2013_08_28_12_31_23_1.jpg

#13 123321

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 2,935 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 02:11 AM

I would  rather see The Briscoes in TNA than the Wolves.

#14 Killer Queen

Killer Queen

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 2,189 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 03:15 AM

I don't get what point you're trying to prove. I don't see any good teams. The only good team is Bad Influence and that's about it. Those are not tag teams, they are random people put together or people who are in the same stable currently. Not teams. Joe/Magnus is the only other one thats decent but they don't standout. You really think Robbie E and Jessie Godderz or Brisco and Garrett fucking Bischoff even compare in any way to the American Wolves? Davey & Eddie have been wrestling together for 5 fucking years. From day 1 they'd come in and be the best tag team TNA has. Just stop.

When did I say they were all tag teams?. You obviously missed the point. I came up with 9 different teams that could realistically be formed based on the current product. TNA isnt focused on the tag teams now because of the BFG serirles. they can get back on track whenever they care to. Any two guys can form a team, I just wasn't taking the random route. Tag Teams is far from the top priority right now. TNA seems to be on a strict budget these days. I doubt TNA is losing sleep over two independent acts that no non indy fan knows going to WWE over them in their current situation.

#15 waytoomuch

waytoomuch

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 406 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 03:19 AM

Disagree. If the oppurtunity presents itself, why wouldn't they go unless they are offered a crappy contract?. Only a few Indy guys out of the hundreds out there make it to WWE. Even fewer make it to the main roster, and only a small portion get pushed while on the main roster. That's just the way it is. If they get over with the fans, and stay over, they have nothing to worry about (Aries perfect example). People are so focused on TNA releasing people and are ignoring the fact that WWE releases way more talent than TNA on a yearly basis. That budget cutting TNA just did is normal practice in WWE. all those Indy darlings are not guranteed to be in WWE a few years from now.

ur rite that the budget cuttin n talent releases that tna did is everyday bizness in the world of wwe but in the world of tna, for so many talents 2 b released in a short period is foreign n that translates 2 the internet as doom 4 tna.  u have 2 understand that there is a stigma attached 2 tna that the wwe doesn't receive. the stigma here is that tna wont last long n is near death.  now that tna is on the road, constant reports hav come out that they've been payin talent late, checks hav been bouncin, talent bein released, etc.  journalists begin 2 talk, fans begin 2 speculate n it causes worries among wrestlers who wanna make a livin in the biz n wants 2 b in a major promotion like tna.  all of that bad press causes fear in guys who wanna make a livin in the biz n hurts tna in many bad ways.  all of that in the air makes it look like tna is near closin shop 2 the naive iwc n that begins 2 worry the wrestlers n potential signees that sumthin may indeed b wrong in tna financially. bigger named indy guys would rather take a gamble goin 4 wwe than risk bein a cost-cuttin casualty by tna n missin out on an opportunity 2 get snatched by wwe

Edited by waytoomuch, 02 September 2013 - 03:21 AM.

#16 SexyRaider

SexyRaider

Tweener

• Advanced Member
  • 4,244 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 05:24 AM

When did I say they were all tag teams?. You obviously missed the point. I came up with 9 different teams that could realistically be formed based on the current product. TNA isnt focused on the tag teams now because of the BFG serirles. they can get back on track whenever they care to. Any two guys can form a team, I just wasn't taking the random route. Tag Teams is far from the top priority right now. TNA seems to be on a strict budget these days. I doubt TNA is losing sleep over two independent acts that no non indy fan knows going to WWE over them in their current situation.

I didn't miss the point because their was no point. TNA can fill up their tag team division with random and useless pairings and that would do nothing because their division would still suck. Just like pretty much every "division" in TNA right now. If they signed Richards & Edwards they would actually have a decent team and make the division look at least a tiny bit competitive. Making random teams or calling up wrestlers from their talentless developmental company would do nothing. They need good teams and this was one. They should be focused on the whole show, which they aren't. Which is one of the reason their show sucks right now.

Edited by SexyRaider, 02 September 2013 - 05:24 AM.

Posted Image

#17 djtonyr

djtonyr

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 498 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 06:39 AM

I didn't miss the point because their was no point. TNA can fill up their tag team division with random and useless pairings and that would do nothing because their division would still suck. Just like pretty much every "division" in TNA right now. If they signed Richards & Edwards they would actually have a decent team and make the division look at least a tiny bit competitive. Making random teams or calling up wrestlers from their talentless developmental company would do nothing. They need good teams and this was one. They should be focused on the whole show, which they aren't. Which is one of the reason their show sucks right now.

Amen, Raider!!!

#18 TNAmarkFromIndia

TNAmarkFromIndia

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 533 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 06:49 AM

I wonder if the TNA we know today would be the same if WWE had snatched the likes AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels, Samoa Joe and Austin Aries among others long back.

#19 Muscle Buster

Muscle Buster

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 507 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 01:45 PM

I'm sad to see TNA's scouting is so bad. It would be pathetic for them to waste tons of money on the wolves when they could easily build a better and cheaper division if they had someone in there that actually watches international & indy wrestling. They come of as your typical generic smark that thinks indy wrestling = ROH.

A decent scout would get the wolves... 3 years ago. Now, do you really wanna get into a bid war with WWE?

Get some veteran tags from AAA like psycho circus and amaze the american fans with their characters or Perros del Mal. TMDK is NOAH finest and why not get Londrick back together? Seems like they are going after the wolves because WWE is interested in them.

Edited by Muscle Buster, 02 September 2013 - 01:45 PM.

130204_04.jpg

List of TNA wrestlers that were "WWE bound" in 2013: Bobby Roode, Samoa Joe, Magnus, Jeff Hardy, Bully Ray, AJ Styles.

List of owners TNA has: Eric Bischoff, Billy Corgan, Jake "The Snake" Roberts, Toby Keith, Jon Rich... Dixie Carter.

#20 123321

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 2,935 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 02:04 PM

1.Bad Influence

2.The Stomping Destroyers (Sonjay Dutt & Petey Williams)

3.The Pro Mann's (jobber team)

4. The Dibiase Borthers 

5. The Briscoes Borthers 

This would be a good Division to me.