Photo
- - - - -

My Suggestions For TNA Going Into Next Year.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
34 replies to this topic

#1 123321

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 2,935 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 03:24 PM

1.If TNA are going to have a permanent location I would like to see them in Las Vegas.Going back to Universal we already know whats going to happen the crowds will be dead.Plus it will be TNA going right back where they came from.However if they moved to Vegas it would be a new city and new fans.Besides Vegas is a city used to seeing the same shows all the time and keep coming back for more witch would be good in TNA's case.

2.Even if TNA does Impact in one location I still want the PPV and TV specials on the road.Even if they are having budget cuts going on the road 13 dates out of the year counting the UK Tour should not be that hard.

3.I would like to see the TV specials aired on a different night maybe Saturday Nights that way it does not just feel like Impact just with a different name.Hell if the can swing it have it be 3 hours long too that way it would feel like a free PPV.

4.No more One Night Only show I like them but there really not doing much as far as people talking about them.Even on this site no one hardly comments about them.

#2 Wild

Wild

News Contributor

• News Contributor
  • 2,446 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 03:34 PM

Some of my ideas

1) Return to a home base

2) Keep the 4 PPVs on the road

3) No more TV Specials

4) Rebuild the KO Division

5) Rebuild the Tag/Television/X-Division

6) NO MORE FACTIONS TRYING TO TAKE OVER THE COMPANY

7) Rebrand Impact Wrestling again - change of colors, new set, new look, something new and fresh

8) No more Bound For Glory Series

#3 Will

Will

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 4,184 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:33 PM

Sounds like fun, here are my ideas:

1) Go back to 12 ppvs a year as the 4 ppv format hasn't worked.

2) NO MORE GANG WARS

3) No Hulk Hogan

4) NO MORE GANG WARS

5) Roode gets a WORLD Title reign and finally beats Aries 1-2-3.

6) NO MORE GANG WARS

7) Aries finally feuds with Angle

8) NO MORE GANG WARS

9) Hire more talent in the Knockout and Tag Team Division

10) NO MORE GANG WARS

and finally

11) Push Kenny King as a black dude being held down by "The Man" or in this case "the Southern Princess"

TNA Would Be Nothing Without #TeamDixie

2h7qah1.png

#4 Incognito

Incognito

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 3,578 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:14 PM

Sounds like fun, here are my ideas:

1) Go back to 12 ppvs a year as the 4 ppv format hasn't worked.

2) NO MORE GANG WARS

3) No Hulk Hogan

4) NO MORE GANG WARS

5) Roode gets a WORLD Title reign and finally beats Aries 1-2-3.

6) NO MORE GANG WARS

7) Aries finally feuds with Angle

8) NO MORE GANG WARS

9) Hire more talent in the Knockout and Tag Team Division

10) NO MORE GANG WARS

and finally

11) Push Kenny King as a black dude being held down by "The Man" or in this case "the Southern Princess"

Agree with everything but number 1.  Hopefully they don't have to tape anymore One Night Only shows and are now out of that contract.  They just need to learn to adjust to building to four shows a year.  It was a major adjustment for them and it didn't work out as well as imagined.  Hopefully they'll get the hang of it this year.  If not, at that point I'd agree with going back to 12.

#5 JKahn913

JKahn913

Planet Jarrett

• Advanced Member
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:23 PM

1) Sign Ted DiBiase Jr.

2) Re-sign Matt Morgan.

3) Put Double J and his friends, and even neighbors, in charge of the company. Gary Allan can sing the TV show's opening theme and make our hearts glad.

4) Re-sign Rob Van Dam. Robvandam.

Edited by JKahn913, 20 October 2013 - 06:29 PM.

http://www.nationalr...cher-john-fund#

083242b7-53f6-46ff-b11e-04db08a81a93_zps

It's over when it's over.

#6 Big Lou

Big Lou

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 10:58 AM

1 - Return to the Impact Zone on a full time basis.

2 - Push Magnus. Magnus is ready and has improved as a worker. Now, maybe I would not make him a face but TNA has too many heels but San Diego booed Magnus out the building last night when he beat Sting.

3 - hire as many former NXT wrestlers that get released by the WWE. Those guys are properly trained and are ready to go and are untapped potential.

4 - Since TNA is most likely going back to the Impact Zone, bring back the monthly "b" pay per views like Against All Odds and Turning Point. And BE HAPPY with whatever buyrate you get for those shows. Something is better than nothing and TNA has to admit that they missed the monthly chedder from those ppv's.

Edited by Big Lou, 21 October 2013 - 11:00 AM.

#7 iMPACTalk

iMPACTalk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:54 PM

No point in changing anything until they address why they lost their fans in the first place, and doing it in the right way that will gain the respect back from those fans. 

Years of bad decisions on and off camera are coming back to haunt the company, nobody wants near TNA (or whoever they're called these days) because they've lost the touch with those fans. It's a dying product and until Dixie stands in front of a camera on TV and accepts the blame for bad decision after bad decisions then they'll continue to lose fans. 

Follow us on Twitter: @iMPACTalk

#8 Big Lou

Big Lou

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:27 PM

No point in changing anything until they address why they lost their fans in the first place, and doing it in the right way that will gain the respect back from those fans. 

Years of bad decisions on and off camera are coming back to haunt the company, nobody wants near TNA (or whoever they're called these days) because they've lost the touch with those fans. It's a dying product and until Dixie stands in front of a camera on TV and accepts the blame for bad decision after bad decisions then they'll continue to lose fans. 

I respectfully disagree. Dixie should not take the blame for anything. She does not owe anyone an apology or nothing.

One decision where Dixie listened to the fans was for taking impact on the road. Look how terrible that has been because she listened to the fans who wanted TNA on the road.  

Another one where TNA listened to the fans was the need for Impact to be live; Dixie listened and heard the fans online say that TNA needed to be live and how taped shows were not the way.  The results: Taped shows get higher ratings than live shows.

Dixie listened to fans and went by what they wanted to see.  Most of those ideas failed. Dixie does not have to accept blame for that.  The fans should blame themselves.

Edited by Big Lou, 21 October 2013 - 04:30 PM.

#9 APG

APG

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 163 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:34 PM

Have the Carters/Panda Electric buy out ROH and then stage a mock take over or invasion kind of like the wcw/wwe invasion but do it better.  Wrestlers from ROH oppose Impact. 

MORTAL KOMBAT !

More talent, New Talent, New Threat that can carry out a whole year of stories.....

I was excited when people like Mike Awesome was coming along side Shane Mcmahon but I feel like they dropped that ball...

Edited by APG, 21 October 2013 - 04:37 PM.

BrayWyatt.png

#10 iMPACTalk

iMPACTalk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:23 PM

I respectfully disagree. Dixie should not take the blame for anything. She does not owe anyone an apology or nothing.

One decision where Dixie listened to the fans was for taking impact on the road. Look how terrible that has been because she listened to the fans who wanted TNA on the road.  

Another one where TNA listened to the fans was the need for Impact to be live; Dixie listened and heard the fans online say that TNA needed to be live and how taped shows were not the way.  The results: Taped shows get higher ratings than live shows.

Dixie listened to fans and went by what they wanted to see.  Most of those ideas failed. Dixie does not have to accept blame for that.  The fans should blame themselves.

I like Dixie, but it's about time she looked at herself and questioned wherever she's the right person to take the company forward. 

I will agree on the LIVE element (I was one of the fans) but they went LIVE after changing the timeslot (AGAIN). Not a great idea.

As for the touring, fans at the time questioned the move, it hasn't worked. TNA weren't getting great numbers when testing with the TV tapings yet went ahead anyway. She listened to Hogan, just like she did when moving to Monday's, changing the ring (TNA's identity), and the rebranding of the product.

If she shouldn't accept the blame, who should be? The company is moving in the wrong direction again somebody needs to step up, take the mistakes and make them right.  

#11 Incognito

Incognito

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 3,578 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:30 PM

They went to Chicago and got a hot crowd of over 6,000.  After that they rarely booked Impact tapings in major markets for whatever reason.  They also (as usual) didn't advertise nearly enough.  Let's see if the Impact Zone tapings skyrocket the ratings.  I have my doubts.

#12 Big Lou

Big Lou

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:47 PM

They went to Chicago and got a hot crowd of over 6,000.  After that they rarely booked Impact tapings in major markets for whatever reason.  They also (as usual) didn't advertise nearly enough.  Let's see if the Impact Zone tapings skyrocket the ratings.  I have my doubts.

Their best ratings were in 2010 and 2011; all of those shows taped at the IZ. They went on the road for this year, pretty much average and lower.

#13 Big Lou

Big Lou

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:54 PM

I like Dixie, but it's about time she looked at herself and questioned wherever she's the right person to take the company forward.

I will agree on the LIVE element (I was one of the fans) but they went LIVE after changing the timeslot (AGAIN). Not a great idea.

As for the touring, fans at the time questioned the move, it hasn't worked. TNA weren't getting great numbers when testing with the TV tapings yet went ahead anyway. She listened to Hogan, just like she did when moving to Monday's, changing the ring (TNA's identity), and the rebranding of the product.

If she shouldn't accept the blame, who should be? The company is moving in the wrong direction again somebody needs to step up, take the mistakes and make them right.

For me, Dixie had the worst luck of hiring the 3 most incompetent people you can think of to help run a wrestling company: Vince Russo, Eric Bischoff and Hulk Hogan. Dixie's only true mistake is the inability to find a good wrestling mind to run her company; somebody that has no agenda and wants to be a team player. That's her only mistake. Other than that, she has been a good boss who has been fan friendly as possible.

Edited by Big Lou, 21 October 2013 - 05:58 PM.

#14 Incognito

Incognito

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 3,578 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:01 PM

Their best ratings were in 2010 and 2011; all of those shows taped at the IZ. They went on the road for this year, pretty much average and lower.

I question the validity of your conclusion, if you're inferring they got higher ratings because they were at the Impact Zone, and because they were taped.  I think having six weeks of taped Impact Zone shows will show why that assumption is incorrect.

#15 iMPACTalk

iMPACTalk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:45 PM

For me, Dixie had the worst luck of hiring the 3 most incompetent people you can think of to help run a wrestling company: Vince Russo, Eric Bischoff and Hulk Hogan. Dixie's only true mistake is the inability to find a good wrestling mind to run her company; somebody that has no agenda and wants to be a team player. That's her only mistake. Other than that, she has been a good boss who has been fan friendly as possible.

She's hired them! 

She can blame others all she wants, she's the one who's hired them and gone ahead with there ideas. The company no longer has an identity. Are you seeing the same product (looks, name etc) that was sold to Spike TV? No, your seeing various people's ideas and it looks a complete and utter mess. 

She continues to give a deal to guys who haven't brought anything to the company in the last 5 years (Sting). Guys like Angle & Hardy have continued to let her down and she's happy to bring them back. Meanwhile Styles, Daniels, Kaz etc all pick up the mess. 

Questions need to be asked from the very top, starting at her. It's a mess, and only going to get worse. 

Edited by iMPACTalk, 21 October 2013 - 06:48 PM.

#16 MR B

MR B

TNA insider Number 1 jeff hardy hater

• Advanced Member
  • 2,976 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:52 PM

1. Spend more money on premotion. Put up signs and Banners weeks in adavance where ever tna gos. Doing a  interview on there local news a day before the show doesn't count. Majorty of people dont event watch there local news.

2. Change the creative team. Old Jeff jarrent ( cant wrestle while part of creative), Mike Tenay  ( X divsion) New Raven and TaZ ( had some success in ecw).

3. With Taz and Mike tenay part of creative add two new announcers.

4. Add new Tag teams

5. Add Knockouts who can work a match.

6. Replace OVW w/ PWG.

7. Add another two more PPvs. There to much of gap between the ppvs.

8. Put the PPV theme impact shows on Sunday.

9. go old school and Hirer mangers for those who lack mic skills but can go in the ring.

10. No more NWO type stables tring to take over tna. More stables like EGO.

11. Make sting a manger. Not a fan of Hall famers being active wrestlers. 

12. Drop chris hemmie (her being reporting being the highest knockout is a joke.

13. No more dam law suits please.

14. Keep puting over the young talent. (Let Angle wrestle the x divsion Guys).

Posted Image

#17 Big Lou

Big Lou

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:57 PM

She's hired them!

She can blame others all she wants, she's the one who's hired them and gone ahead with there ideas. The company no longer has an identity. Are you seeing the same product (looks, name etc) that was sold to Spike TV? No, your seeing various people's ideas and it looks a complete and utter mess.

She continues to give a deal to guys who haven't brought anything to the company in the last 5 years (Sting). Guys like Angle & Hardy have continued to let her down and she's happy to bring them back. Meanwhile Styles, Daniels, Kaz etc all pick up the mess.

Questions need to be asked from the very top, starting at her. It's a mess, and only going to get worse.

Disagree. Hardy and Angle have been the best free agent acquisitions that TNA has ever signed. Jeff Hardy is the most popular guy on the roster and from what I read in news reports, sells the most merchandise far and away from any TNA wrestler. He has been a positive. Kurt Angle main evented a ppv match against Samoa Joe in Lockdown 2008 that is highest buyrate in the history of TNA. I do not know how you can say that they both let her down. Not true. They have both been positive signings.

She also needed to grow the product. Is this TNA the same TNA I was watching back in 2005? No. But you still have to try things and change. If TNA continued with the same stuff they were producing in 2005, it would be stale now in 2013.

Also, the TNA that was sold to Spike TV in 2005 may have had great X - Division and knockouts, but it still had Jeff Jarrett all over the main event which people hated.

Point being: It's her company. The only people she should answer to is Panda Energy. She should be the one leading TNA and trying to get them in the right direction. But she should not address the issues to the public. It's her business. She does not owe an explanation to you or me. Without her there is no TNA.

Edited by Big Lou, 21 October 2013 - 07:06 PM.

#18 Omgitzjay

Omgitzjay

k.

• Moderators
  • 8,436 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:10 PM

Hire Matt Cross & pair him either with Mike Knox or EY.

Also hire Trent Barretta.

#19 iMPACTalk

iMPACTalk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:00 PM

Disagree. Hardy and Angle have been the best free agent acquisitions that TNA has ever signed. Jeff Hardy is the most popular guy on the roster and from what I read in news reports, sells the most merchandise far and away from any TNA wrestler. He has been a positive. Kurt Angle main evented a ppv match against Samoa Joe in Lockdown 2008 that is highest buyrate in the history of TNA. I do not know how you can say that they both let her down. Not true. They have both been positive signings.

She also needed to grow the product. Is this TNA the same TNA I was watching back in 2005? No. But you still have to try things and change. If TNA continued with the same stuff they were producing in 2005, it would be stale now in 2013.

Also, the TNA that was sold to Spike TV in 2005 may have had great X - Division and knockouts, but it still had Jeff Jarrett all over the main event which people hated.

Point being: It's her company. The only people she should answer to is Panda Energy. She should be the one leading TNA and trying to get them in the right direction. But she should not address the issues to the public. It's her business. She does not owe an explanation to you or me. Without her there is no TNA.

I agree that Hardy and Angle have been good signings, but both have had bad days in TNA and again it reflects badly on the company that both continue to get multiple chances. 

Not sure wherever your aware but the product has been stale for a long time. They've tried things, they haven't worked and continue to try but there comes a time when you have to admit big signings aren't what the company needs and time to concentrate on those that got them to the dance. 

A product based around Styles, Joe, Roode, Storm, Sabin, Aries, Young etc would be a fun show to watch, it'd allow them the time to develop as characters on screen, put on good matches and would be much cheaper than continue to overpaid big name talent to bring nothing to the company. TNA should be a company which takes pride in bringing through young talent, and building them up. It use to be. 

Somethign needs to change, the model they've used the last 5 years has done more bad than good, time to work with something else and invest in the company off screen to help develop a better product on screen. 

#20 MR B

MR B

TNA insider Number 1 jeff hardy hater

• Advanced Member
  • 2,976 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:21 AM

I agree that Hardy and Angle have been good signings, but both have had bad days in TNA and again it reflects badly on the company that both continue to get multiple chances. 

Not sure wherever your aware but the product has been stale for a long time. They've tried things, they haven't worked and continue to try but there comes a time when you have to admit big signings aren't what the company needs and time to concentrate on those that got them to the dance. 

A product based around Styles, Joe, Roode, Storm, Sabin, Aries, Young etc would be a fun show to watch, it'd allow them the time to develop as characters on screen, put on good matches and would be much cheaper than continue to overpaid big name talent to bring nothing to the company. TNA should be a company which takes pride in bringing through young talent, and building them up. It use to be. 

I totally agree with what you are saying. However you do lead guys like Angle and Hardy to put over the other guys. The problem is the company has totally wasted there chances that doing so.  I personally love the fact Hardy is working w/ x divsion guys because he is help putting that divsion over. Angle stated he would love to wrestle w/ young talent and put them over. The problem w/ tna and dixie and most fans they read to much into the ratings. Tna is sports entertainment where they make money other ways besides on rating this is not Bar resue or Tatoo Nightmares or cops.

Posted Image