Photo
- - - - -

Will Sting Leave TNA?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
27 replies to this topic

#1 djuice

djuice

• New Registrant
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 09:46 AM

I heard WWE was going hard to sign him for a match with Undertaker at Mania.  So, will he leave TNA? 

#2 Omgitzjay

Omgitzjay

k.

• Moderators
  • 8,436 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 02:14 PM

One day.

#3 @GaTechGrad

@GaTechGrad

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 1,872 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 05:25 PM

Seems like signs are pointing towards Sting making a wrestlemania appearance.  Not sure if it would be a one time deal, or if he is planning to sign a full-time contract with the wwe.

tna_banner4_zps4e645d94.png

#4 Jackanape

Jackanape

Mr Flibble is very cross...

• Advanced Member
  • 3,340 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 06:43 PM

As a TNA fan I say they have the opportunity to let him ho to WWE... then they should.

Lets face it, Sting isn't a draw anymore and someone beating him nowadays isn't a huge deal. Plus the money he's making could probably be spent on more young guys that'll help TNA draw the same 1.1 rating they always draw and will continue to draw with or without Sting.

Oops! Something went wrong!

[#10211]

Unable to retrieve signature image dimensions, please try another image.

#5 Minters

Minters

OMG I ARE TEN PERCENT

• Advanced Member
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 10:52 PM

I love Sting but he is long since past his prime and needs to step out of the ring.  His BFG match with AJ Styles in 2009 should have been his retirement match (maybe coming back for the odd match once or twice a year) but having him around every week isnt doing TNA any favours anymore.  If WWE wants him against Taker, he should go.

#6 Karnage75

Karnage75

• New Registrant
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 03:47 AM

His ship has long since sailed....now it's as sad as watching Ric Flair strut around the ring or RVD not being high while cutting a promo....time to put this one out to pasture

#7 jsquad nation

jsquad nation

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 231 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 08:10 PM

I dont think he's leaving however I wouldn't mind it. Dont get me wrong sting still has drawing ability and his entrance into a Tna ring still holds value, however sting is at the end of his career. He cant compete like he use to and his last few matches are proof of that

#8 Dan

Dan

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 316 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 08:22 PM

Please God go! He has the exact same storyline over and over and over and over, every year. It's detrimental to the product. He's 55, and ALWAYS the "saviour".

A fan of ESTABLISHED talent.

#9 nivjourney87

nivjourney87

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 493 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 08:44 PM

I don't think he will, and I really hope he doesn't.  All my life as a fan he's been the one constant as the Anti-WWF.  I'd like at least one guy to remain like that.

For all those saying he can't go.  That's horse shit.  However, he does only turn it up a gear for certain matches, which hasn't done him or his opponents many favours.

TNA have never really known what to do with a genuine star, outside of their debut.  So star power and legendary legitimacy are in pretty short supply in TNA.  TNA are really down to Sting and Kurt Angle, and they need to do all they can to keep them there.

Eventually it will be a very big deal for TNA to have Sting retire in their ring, against one of their stars (Ideally Sting vs AJ at BFG, reminiscent of Ric vs Shawn at Wrestlemania 24), and dedicate the following Impact to him.  Then have him on their very first Legends deal, or working as a special attraction or on-air TV figure.

Sting is really their last shot at having the opportunity to do something WWE never can.

They need to do everything to keep it that way.

He also needs to stop wearing a fucking t-shirt in his matches!

Niv

#10 Jackanape

Jackanape

• Advanced Member
  • 3,340 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 12:56 AM

I can't believe they're doing a Sting "retirement" angle with no build... Madness.

[#10211]

#11 Incognito

Incognito

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 3,578 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 01:07 AM

I can't believe they're doing a Sting "retirement" angle with no build... Madness.

They're probably doing a Sting "goes on vacation until the investor brings him back in a couple of months so we don't have to pay him for the full year" angle...or the "Sting has creative control and he's leaving for WWE so he'll only put guys over if ten people interfere in the match."  Time will tell.

#12 Jackanape

Jackanape

• Advanced Member
  • 3,340 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 01:18 AM

They're probably doing a Sting "goes on vacation until the investor brings him back in a couple of months so we don't have to pay him for the full year" angle...or the "Sting has creative control and he's leaving for WWE so he'll only put guys over if ten people interfere in the match."  Time will tell.

I just found it weird that they didn't make more of a fuss. Even if the guy is only leaving for a month, you could still make a big song and dance about him leaving rather than just saying "If you lose next week you have to retire."

[#10211]

#13 Incognito

Incognito

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 3,578 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 03:00 AM

I just found it weird that they didn't make more of a fuss. Even if the guy is only leaving for a month, you could still make a big song and dance about him leaving rather than just saying "If you lose next week you have to retire."

Maybe it wasn't their original plan, and Sting decided last minute to take a WWE contract instead of re-signing, so they added that match and stipulation to the taping.  Or maybe they didn't quite have their stuff together.  That wouldn't surprise me, with that uneven show they put on.

#14 Dan

Dan

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 316 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 07:24 AM

Sting WAS a big star once upon a time, be today he has no effect on business. Ratings - pretty much the same, and the rare house shows he works don't even draw above average. He wrestles in a t-shirt, and it's sad. His last memorable moment was against Hogan at BFG 11. Those two produced a hell of an angle. Don't get me wrong, he can still put on a decent match, but they're always heatless because he puts everyone over. The result is never in doubt.

A fan of ESTABLISHED talent.

#15 Will

Will

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 4,184 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 05:13 PM

God willing he will leave TNA for good if Magnus defeats Sting Thursday night

TNA Would Be Nothing Without #TeamDixie

2h7qah1.png

#16 crimson mask

crimson mask

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 372 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 05:37 PM

I hope he leaves, he have been hugging the spotlight for far too long. Out with the old , in with the new.

2013_08_28_12_31_23_1.jpg

#17 Incognito

Incognito

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 3,578 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 06:17 PM

Ratings - pretty much the same, and the rare house shows he works don't even draw above average.

He draws better than the recent average.

#18 Derrville

Derrville

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:01 PM

He goes to WWE and he will be a ratings draw and the Taker/Sting match will get one of if not the TOP billing of the show. Remember Sting may not be much in TNA but when someone goes to WWE they are the greatest thing ever to the minds of the hypocritical internet fan so hes clearly an asset that WWE can take full advantage of. I think this is the year he does it... Thursday will be his last in TNA.

#19 It's Damn Real!

It's Damn Real!

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 04:22 AM

Not that it answers much of anything, but Sting's official Facebook page just updated it's header graphic with this:

1609880_669373019749624_37944526_n.jpg

#20 JKahn913

JKahn913

Planet Jarrett

• Advanced Member
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 05:12 AM

Wrestlemania will be a lot better if Sting is on it. It would probably be the best one since XVIII with Hogan-Rock.

Edited by JKahn913, 24 January 2014 - 05:14 AM.

http://www.nationalr...cher-john-fund#

083242b7-53f6-46ff-b11e-04db08a81a93_zps

It's over when it's over.