Photo
- - - - -

TNA Going Out of business ?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 talk wrestling live radio

talk wrestling live radio

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 07:13 AM

With all the talk of " cut back " and TNA is going out of business . I Just come too see that TNA "break-even" way back AT THE 1ST B.F.G. PPV back in 2005 !!! god too think what TNA must be getting today in merchandise. just think of the merchandise TNA had in Oct 2005 and now what TNA has!!

"TNA will be at break-even next month." Mr. Carter said on Tuesday, September 27, 2005.

on a side note TNA Revenue IS $987.9 million (2010) . “Maximum iMPACT!” UK Tour and Abu Dhabi are most of TNA Revenue .

WWE Revenue $109.6 million (Q3/2010)

TNA Revenue IS more thin WWE , life sucks for WWE/usa marks . i wish TNA move too the UK the USA Market sucks for TNA, Just WWE sheep !!

#2 KGB

KGB

Insider

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 07:19 AM

This should be on the news section dumb f@ck lol just playing but yeah good points made mr. talk wrestling live! I don't think anyone can talk trash about how TNA is hurting financially. I am laughing however that nobody brings up the fact that TNA is losing it's TV UK home and that is where TNA is bigger and not the US. If TNA goes to that extreme sports network they will lose a big uk audience.

With all the talk of " cut back " and TNA is going out of business . I Just come too see that TNA "break-even" way back AT THE 1ST B.F.G. PPV back in 2005 !!! god too think what TNA must be getting today in merchandise. just think of the merchandise TNA had in Oct 2005 and now what TNA has!!

"TNA will be at break-even next month." Mr. Carter said on Tuesday, September 27, 2005.

on a side note TNA Revenue IS $987.9 million (2010) . “Maximum iMPACT!” UK Tour and Abu Dhabi are most of TNA Revenue .

WWE Revenue $109.6 million (Q3/2010)

TNA Revenue IS more thin WWE , life sucks for WWE/usa marks . i wish TNA move too the UK the USA Market sucks for TNA, Just WWE sheep !!

Posted Image

Free Marc Emery! Marc Emery is a Canadian businessman and political activist who owned and operated Cannabis Culture Magazine, Pot-TV, the BC Marijuana Party, and Marc Emery's Cannabis Culture Headquarters (previously the BCMP Bookstore, and HEMP BC before that.)

He was also the world's most famous marijuana seed retailer and the biggest financial supporter of the marijuana movement world-wide until the US Drug Enforcement Administration and Canadian law enforcement arrested him in Canada and shut down Marc Emery Direct Seeds in July 2005.

Marc is currently imprisoned in Yazoo City medium-security prison in Yazoo City, Mississippi after being extradited on May 20th, 2010 by the Canadian government. He was sentenced on September 10th in Seattle federal court to 5 years in prison for "distribution of marijuana" seeds, though the US Drug Enforcement Administration admitted it was actually for his political activism and financing the marijuana movement.

#3 Beelzedude

Beelzedude

Insider

• Members
  • 3,404 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 03:03 PM

Wait...so... TNA's revenue is bigger than WWE's in 2010? TNA is making more money than WWE, am I getting this right?

Posted Image

#4 Darren Grett

Darren Grett

Site Admin

• Administrators
  • 8,656 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 03:22 PM

The Wikipedia entry that this is based on is wrong. Not to mention that the wwe financial earnings are for the quarter (3 months), not for the year. TNA's financial earnings are based on an extrapolated number from 2007. Clearly, none of those expectations for 09-10 have been met. TNA's numbers are generally private, One could never really know just how much they make.

#5 Dizzy

Dizzy

An NBA Championship Coming Soon

• Advanced Member
  • 4,817 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 04:50 PM

The Wikipedia entry that this is based on is wrong. Not to mention that the wwe financial earnings are for the quarter (3 months), not for the year. TNA's financial earnings are based on an extrapolated number from 2007. Clearly, none of those expectations for 09-10 have been met. TNA's numbers are generally private, One could never really know just how much they make.

Actually, there was an interview with Dixie Carter some years back and she mentioned in 2007 they were at 15 million and they grew to about 80 million or more in 2008/2009. The amazing thing is that's before they started signing the marquee names. It should have tripled again since.

#6 Darren Grett

Darren Grett

Site Admin

• Administrators
  • 8,656 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 06:36 PM

Actually, there was an interview with Dixie Carter some years back and she mentioned in 2007 they were at 15 million and they grew to about 80 million or more in 2008/2009. The amazing thing is that's before they started signing the marquee names. It should have tripled again since.

I have read those interviews. The problem is, 80 million is nowhere close to 900+ million dollars projected on wikipedia.

#7 emerydh

emerydh

Insider

• Members
  • 434 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 10:17 PM

The title is misleading, I heard the merchandise sales are up, but the numbers are probably off. I'm just glad TNA is still in business :thumbsup:
Posted Image