Photo
- - - - -

Ric Flair Threatens Lawsuit

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
16 replies to this topic

#1 ILWyep

ILWyep

Insider

• Banned
  • 13,528 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 11:24 PM

Posted Image

[quote]Wrestling icon Ric Flair is FURIOUS over an article which claims the Nature Boy is suffering from a serious medical condition caused by years of hardcore boozing ... because Ric claims it's NOT TRUE and now he's threatening to sue.

The unflattering article -- which paints Flair as a troubled, irresponsible mess of a person -- ran on an ESPN affiliated website called Grantland.com ... and the report is mostly based on court documents.

But Flair is particularly pissed about the reporter's claim that he suffers from Alcoholic Cardiomyopathy -- a disease caused by years of alcohol abuse which often leads to heart failure.

A rep for Flair -- -- whose real name is Richard Fliehr -- tells TMZ, "While the information gleaned from courthouse records may be credible, Mr. Fliehr is currently evaluating his legal options with respect to falsehoods in the story, specifically the untrue statement that he suffers from alcoholic cardiomyopathy."

The rep adds, "Our client understands that these allegations are part of the territory when you are not only famous, but a living legend."[/quote]
Source

Update: Ric Flair would likely have a hard time suing over the Grantland.com article claiming he has Alcoholic Cardiomyopathy, since Flair himself already admitted it in his WWE autobiography "To Be The Man."
Gary sent along this Google Books excerpt of Flair writing about the diagnosis..

Source

#2 Fyzza

Fyzza

#Fyzzamania

• Advanced Member
  • 4,900 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 11:27 PM

LOL

Posted Image

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Adam Savage

#3 Zeppelin4

Zeppelin4

The One and Only...

• Advanced Member
  • 7,596 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 11:29 PM

Appropiate picture lol

Posted Image

“I know you are here to kill me. Shoot, coward, you are only going to kill a man.”- Che Guevara

R.I.P "Macho Man" Randy Savage 1952 - 2011

#4 The Fallen Angel

The Fallen Angel

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 353 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 11:53 PM

They got to leave Ric alone.
Posted Image

#5 Dizzy

Dizzy

An NBA Championship Coming Soon

• Advanced Member
  • 4,817 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 12:25 AM

Woooooooooooooo!

I want Flair to come out and shoot on dirtsheets.

#6 hitman007

hitman007

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 671 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 01:53 AM

that was one of things that bugged me about the report, if flair had this medical problem would tna let him compete in the ring hell no.

#7 Fyzza

Fyzza

#Fyzzamania

• Advanced Member
  • 4,900 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 02:18 AM

Gary Shafer sent word that Ric Flair would likely have a hard time suing over the Grantland.com article claiming he has Alcoholic Cardiomyopathy, since Flair himself already admitted it in his WWE autobiography "To Be The Man."
Gary sent along this Google Books excerpt of Flair writing about the diagnosis..

http://www.pwinsider...le.php?id=61149

Posted Image

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Adam Savage

#8 Killer Queen

Killer Queen

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 2,189 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 04:05 AM

I respect Ric Flair, but I don't like him as a man personally. He's always been somewhat of a dumb ass in real life. Saying you have something in your own autobiography, then threatening to sue afterwards, lol

Use your friends, and be good to your enemies; so they'll become your friends, and you can use them too

#9 Namor1987

Namor1987

Proud Creator Of The "Yay Or Nay" Threads.

• Advanced Member
  • 6,392 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 04:22 AM

I respect Ric Flair, but I don't like him as a man personally. He's always been somewhat of a dumb ass in real life. Saying you have something in your own autobiography, then threatening to sue afterwards, lol

You've met Flair goddamn can you live up to your name anymore lol you're the Killer Nature Queen now

Posted Image

#10 Mr-Fabulous

Mr-Fabulous

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 287 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 05:55 AM

Woooooooooooooooo, Slick Ric will never die. He said in his book a Doctor friend told him that Alcoholic Cardiomyopathy might be the cause of his heart palps, which is just when the heart skips a beat which is very common. I don't think Ric has ever been officially diagnosed with the disease though.

Edited by Mr-Fabulous, 27 August 2011 - 05:56 AM.

#11 Reeko

Reeko

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 109 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 06:17 AM

To be the man...WOOOOOOOO....u gotta beat the man !!! and thts what the dirtsheets are trying to do ...!!!
Posted Image
"DOUBLE A AUSTIN ARIES"

#12 Bailian

Bailian

Outsider

• Members
  • 1,250 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 11:31 AM

Dirtsheets are really out of it to ruin a company. Do they still really consider WWE the better product? Mediocre matches, silly promo's and rehashed gimmicks?

Posted Image

#13 Omgitzjay

Omgitzjay

k.

• Moderators
  • 8,436 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 01:00 PM

Stylin' and Profilin'

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

#14 Big Ern

Big Ern

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 03:34 PM

I met Flair at a Carolina Hurricanes hockey game back in the earl 00's. I remember being like "let me shake your hand big man" and he did stating "right back at you". He came over and hung out for awhile in the club section and went on his way. Very personable individual.

Unfortunately life sometimes can deal you a bad hand and sometimes it involves you making poor choices. Regardless as far as wrestling is concerned there will only ever be one Ric Flair and if you are a fan you know it all too well.

Edited by Big Ern, 27 August 2011 - 03:35 PM.

Whatcha' going to do?

#15 Murdoc500

Murdoc500

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 05:56 PM

Everyone knows Flair will die in the ring one day. He will never be debt free and have to continue to embarass himself every time to make money.

Sad...

#16 Optimus_Crime

Optimus_Crime

Insider

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 08:46 PM

I met Flair at a Carolina Hurricanes hockey game back in the earl 00's. I remember being like "let me shake your hand big man" and he did stating "right back at you". He came over and hung out for awhile in the club section and went on his way. Very personable individual.

Unfortunately life sometimes can deal you a bad hand and sometimes it involves you making poor choices. Regardless as far as wrestling is concerned there will only ever be one Ric Flair and if you are a fan you know it all too well.

This is true, one time 2 years ago I met Tom Cruise he was is a really cool guy in person, but he has a bad rep because of his beliefs and actions because of his choices

Posted Image

MY NAME IS JONNY MAC BRO AND I AM A RICH KID

#17 tapioca_tern

tapioca_tern

MEOW

• Advanced Member
  • 327 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 09:21 AM

Flair is just a useless old fart.just go.
file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/NL_068%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-2.png