Photo
- - - - -

Steve Austin's Thoughts On Sting Vs. Hogan

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
29 replies to this topic

#1 Mr.Anderson

Mr.Anderson

Pro Wrestling Is Real... People Are Fake!

• News Contributor
  • 4,767 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 08:47 PM

"Stone Cold" Steve Austin sat down for an interview for The Sun. In it, he talks about the Hogan vs Sting match that takes place at Bound For Glory:

I’ll be honest, I hadn’t heard about Hogan v Sting. That will be interesting too, I mean Hogan had back surgery didn’t he? They are both great guys. I’m a fan of Sting’s and he can still go with the best of them. I know Hogan well and he still has it when he needs it. It will be a very interesting night at the office that one and I will most certainly be watching Bound For Glory to see how it works out.

I get annoyed when people say that such and such should retire, or they shouldn’t compete due to injury or age. I know how it works and many of these guys find it hard to stay out of the ring. Hogan, for example, was put on this world to be there. There may often be money involved when guys step back in the ring, but it’s more about their need to be there than the financial rewards. The other thing is that there are so few people coming up through the ranks who can match the success of guys like Hulk, Flair, Sting or myself. Cena may be the only one who has reached that level — I’ve yet to see another hit that peak yet.

Posted Image

#2 The Enigma

The Enigma

DILLIGAF Approved

• News Contributor
  • 2,795 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 09:16 PM

I agree with Steve people say these guys should retire, why shouldn't they do it against each other? Hogan and Sting want to go out on a big stage not fade away. Sting should retire the way he came in on a non WWE stage in a non WWE ring.

Posted Image

"Say Something, You Know They Might Attack You For" - Linkin Park
"I'd rather jerk off.........jerking off is fun" - Paul London
"Take the word fluke erase the E and go fluk yourself" - Austin Aries
"Austin, my nuts hurt" - Jeff Hardy

#3 Dufrais

Dufrais

Insider

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 09:18 PM

I thought Stone Cold hated Hogan's guts.

#4 Beelzedude

Beelzedude

Insider

• Members
  • 3,404 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 09:33 PM

In the end it all comes down to WWE fans being angry at Sting for never wanting to go to the WWE and retire there, and mad at Hogan for turning his back on the company and again not wanting to retire there. I might include ROH fans in this as well, but if there are any they're either angry that they don't have any huge names or they still see the business through the "If you can't do a 450 you suck" prism.

Either way, that is obviously the bottom like 'cause Stone Cold said so!

Posted Image

#5 Master Blaster

Master Blaster

Insider

• Members
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 09:51 PM

What happened between them was years ago. Hogan and Stone Cold are probably over it. (At least I hope so.)

#6 teambadazz

teambadazz

Insider

• Members
  • 1,114 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 10:26 PM

well at least one of wwe's top legends can honestly say hes gonna watch bound for glory....cuase we all kno how much of kiss assers these ex/current wwe stars can be

on a side note i think michael cole took a jab at tazz on smackdown when he said he was tired of hearing commentators talkin about themselves being in the ring or somethin like that....i kno tazz tends to do that in tna and i kno they dont lik each other....makes u wonder who is watching tna on thursdays

#7 Zeppelin4

Zeppelin4

The One and Only...

• Advanced Member
  • 7,596 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 10:47 PM

Austin always is a voice of reason in wrestling, the man thinks as both a wrestling legend and a fan. He isn't jaded like many other people like Lance Storm who just can't seem to enjoy anything. Austin has said in the past he watched TNA and is very open minded about it, he has even enjoyed the Shark Boy parody of him. But he is right wrestlers should retire when they decide to hang up the boots not us the fans who think they know everything.

Posted Image

“I know you are here to kill me. Shoot, coward, you are only going to kill a man.”- Che Guevara

R.I.P "Macho Man" Randy Savage 1952 - 2011

#8 MickeyThyQueenBeck

MickeyThyQueenBeck

Insider

• Members
  • 742 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 10:48 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

@HulkHoganHulk Hogan Goodnight HULKAMANIACS and jabronie marks without a life that don't know it a work when you work a work and work yourself into a shoot,marks

@mickeybeck

#9 KISSman

KISSman

Sleezy

• Advanced Member
  • 828 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 12:53 AM

Stone Cold is right-on. I also love that he doesn't talk like a WWE loyalist like some guys.

#10 Fenris

Fenris

I am Perfection

• Members
  • 2,215 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 01:41 AM

I love how he always puts TNA over hahaha, that's GOTTA piss the WWE off!
Posted Image

#11 Will

Will

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 4,184 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 02:12 AM

Good, Fair and open minded comments from Stone cold Steve Austin in regards to Sting vs hogan and TNA in general.

Wish the IWC can act like this as well

TNA Would Be Nothing Without #TeamDixie

2h7qah1.png

#12 Dizzy

Dizzy

An NBA Championship Coming Soon

• Advanced Member
  • 4,817 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 02:20 AM

Most people "respectfully disagree" with Austin.

I want Austin to go to TNA to put over James Storm. He should wrestle his one match left of him against a guy who actually has potential to be more than a "pipe bomb" idiot. James Storm vs. Austin promos would = ratings, buyrates, twitter trendings, great quotes, etc.

#13 Fyzza

Fyzza

#Fyzzamania

• Advanced Member
  • 4,900 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 02:33 AM

Most people "respectfully disagree" with Austin.

I want Austin to go to TNA to put over James Storm. He should wrestle his one match left of him against a guy who actually has potential to be more than a "pipe bomb" idiot. James Storm vs. Austin promos would = ratings, buyrates, twitter trendings, great quotes, etc.

And a great beer exchange.

Posted Image

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Adam Savage

#14 Killer Queen

Killer Queen

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 2,189 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 03:17 AM

unlike most idiots, he doesn't let his personal feelings dictate what his stance is

Use your friends, and be good to your enemies; so they'll become your friends, and you can use them too

#15 Killer Queen

Killer Queen

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 2,189 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 03:20 AM

Austin always is a voice of reason in wrestling, the man thinks as both a wrestling legend and a fan. He isn't jaded like many other people like Lance Storm who just can't seem to enjoy anything. Austin has said in the past he watched TNA and is very open minded about it, he has even enjoyed the Shark Boy parody of him. But he is right wrestlers should retire when they decide to hang up the boots not us the fans who think they know everything.

Austin is a TRUE fan of the business. If you don't have an open mind when watching wrestling of all things, then you likely have some sort of issue.

Use your friends, and be good to your enemies; so they'll become your friends, and you can use them too

#16 Beelzedude

Beelzedude

Insider

• Members
  • 3,404 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 03:53 AM

Austin needs to get his redneck ass off the chair and help TNA out. Not even wrestle just be there as an on-screen character and do backstage stuff. It allows you to film your movies and you're in the business. Doubt he'll go, he's still loyal to the WWE, but I don't see how it can hurt him. If Hogan leaves Austin's in the perfect position to replace him. Austin's still very much relevant among the media and the fans.

Posted Image

#17 Fenris

Fenris

I am Perfection

• Members
  • 2,215 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 04:49 AM

I wouldn't call it loyalty Beel, it's more that Austin is out of TNA's price range. Austin is alot like Goldberg, he doesn't come cheap and likely would want a contract in the 7 figure annually range. Can't blame the guy, his merchandising and name are still highly valuable, the guy can still pop up and his merchandise shoots to the top of WWEShop.com. If the price could possibly be met he'd come, hell he tried to put on his own wrestling supershow when he quit the WWE the 2nd time so we know where his loyalty is, to himself.
Posted Image

#18 Beelzedude

Beelzedude

Insider

• Members
  • 3,404 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 11:33 AM

If they can afford to have Hogan, Flair, Sting, Bischoff, Angle, Anderson and Jeff Hardy on the roster at the same time I'm pretty sure they can afford Stone Cold.

Posted Image

#19 writer125

writer125

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 578 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 03:24 PM

Its very obvious that both The Really Great TNA Impact Wrestling and the wwe watch each other or at least are aware what the other is doing. As much as McMahon says that they are not concerned about the Really Great TNA Impact Wrestling, they are. After Mickie and Tara had that great cage match on Impact, McMahon put together a Divas table match for whatever the next PPV was at the time. Just so he can counter what TNA Impact Wrestling did. TNA Impact Wrestling has Sting, Flair and Hogan in the ring, so McMahon brings back Nash and even has Lawler involved in an angle and match. And as far as Austin saying what he did about BFG & Sting vs Hogan, he sounds like he means it. Great to see him say good things about TNA and the PPV and this match. It would be great if everyone from the WWE and the WWE Universe could be the same way, but they can't or at least wouldn't come right out and publicly say that they are.

#20 van halen

van halen

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 102 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 05:12 PM

I'll be honest. When I first saw the title of this thread, I thought here comes more TNA bashing from a WWE loyalist a la Jericho. I was pleasantly surprised at Austin's comments regarding the match and his honesty regarding age and retirement. Some of the IWC remain extremely skeptical about this match and have a right to think that way, but the ratings during the Sting/Hogan segments are some if not the most watched segments on Impact Wrestling which indicates the the casual fan has an interest in this possible trainwreck. In the end, I just hope that Hogan does not embarrass himself in the ring. Personally, I have no problem with Sting even at the age of 52 as he can still wrestle in a competitive match.