Photo
- - - - -

*Rumor* Hulk Hogan Re-Signs With TNA Wrestling?

Rumor

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
39 replies to this topic

#1 ILWyep

ILWyep

Insider

• Banned
  • 13,528 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 02:33 AM

A source connected to TNA tells PWTorch that Hulk Hogan has renewed with the company. No word yet on the length of the deal, but TNA wanted to get the deal done before Bound for Glory and they did do it.

#2 Putrid Pete

Putrid Pete

The Icon

• Advanced Member
  • 1,007 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 02:38 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 Zeppelin4

Zeppelin4

The One and Only...

• Advanced Member
  • 7,596 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 02:43 AM

Interesting, now I kind of wonder what is going to happen at BFG now. I hope Bischoff resigned as well at least.

Posted Image

“I know you are here to kill me. Shoot, coward, you are only going to kill a man.”- Che Guevara

R.I.P "Macho Man" Randy Savage 1952 - 2011

#4 The-Awesome-one

The-Awesome-one

Insider

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 02:43 AM

Horrible move. He has done nothing for tna and won't even promote the company.

#5 Wild

Wild

News Contributor

• News Contributor
  • 2,446 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 02:47 AM

I was going to post this, but I wasn't sure since it was a rumor, and the sorce I read it off of wasn't as reliable.

I wonder what Hulk can still do in TNA. Eric Bischoff actually runs things.

#6 Minters

Minters

OMG I ARE TEN PERCENT

• Advanced Member
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 02:53 AM

This. I wanted the Hogan signing to work for TNA, I really did. But I realised after only 6 months that it really was doing nothing. 2 years later, its still doing nothing and costing TNA a fortune.

Hopefully the rumour isnt true.

#7 The-Awesome-one

The-Awesome-one

Insider

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 03:00 AM

I've got no problems with bischoff getting a new contract. I've liked his work so far. Hogan on the other hand is a costly failure.

#8 Will

Will

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 4,184 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 03:30 AM

Hogan should be resigned by TNA but not to an on-air contract but rather an ambassador to TNA who wears his TNA gear everywhere and always puts over TNA in media appearances. Plus TNA can continue selling Hulk merchandise which is selling really well.

TNA Would Be Nothing Without #TeamDixie

2h7qah1.png

#9 patrickaj13

patrickaj13

Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi

• Advanced Member
  • 3,851 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 03:45 AM

Yeah I know. I thought that he could of been a really BIG promoter for the company but he hasn't done that. He spends too much time on TV and he is going to be wrestling at BFG against Sting :crazy: . I think that match is going to suck. It's okay if he's going to stay with the company in my opinion, but he should be doing the good thing he can do for TNA and promote them. WWE is in a black hole right now so now would be a good time to use him for what he is there for.

Posted Image

"If you're going to treat people like animals, sooner rather than later they're going to start to behave like animals" - Wade Barrett

"My demons are stronger than ever. This lifetime is harder than ever, but I've become somebody better...somebody better" - Papa Roach

"If only sorrow could build a staircase, and tears could show the way, we would climb our way to heaven, and bring him back home again" - Bring Me The Horizon

#10 Killer Queen

Killer Queen

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 2,189 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 03:52 AM

Awesome move

Use your friends, and be good to your enemies; so they'll become your friends, and you can use them too

#11 jay02

jay02

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 203 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 04:08 AM

hogan made wrestling with out hogan there be no wrestling. look at the house shows. hogan puts buts in seats not dixie carter. hogan a big name. hope bischoff stays.

#12 jay02

jay02

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 203 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 04:08 AM

hogan made wrestling with out hogan there be no wrestling. look at the house shows. hogan puts buts in seats not dixie carter. hogan a big name. hope bischoff stays.

#13 ms888

ms888

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 279 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 04:35 AM

Hogan made wrestling, without Hogan there would be no wrestling ( not necessarily but go on..). look at the house shows (Looking..). Hogan puts butts in seats not Dixie Carter. Hogan a big name ( Oh yeah he's a big name, one who gives Impact Wrestling no recognition or promotion when given the chance). Hope Bischoff stays ( He's actually not Bischoff, in reality it's Paul Heyman in his alter ego being mind controlled by the ruler of wrestling Vince Russo).

Only because I am a grammar Nazi, and an a-hole. :D

#14 Dizzy

Dizzy

An NBA Championship Coming Soon

• Advanced Member
  • 4,817 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 05:11 AM

This. I wanted the Hogan signing to work for TNA, I really did. But I realised after only 6 months that it really was doing nothing. 2 years later, its still doing nothing and costing TNA a fortune.

Hopefully the rumour isnt true.

Since Hogan has been there in 2010

- Production Values have increased
- More impacts on the road
- Sell outs (the taping for next week and before bound for glory)
- 10,000 in London attendance
- TNA has set attendance records
- TNA has set its record highest ratings

#15 Mr-Fabulous

Mr-Fabulous

Insider

• Advanced Member
  • 287 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 05:18 AM

The guy don't promote TNA for shit but the company HAS grown since he and Bischoff came aboard - screw it, if the shit fits WEAR IT.

#16 KISSman

KISSman

Sleezy

• Advanced Member
  • 828 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 05:27 AM

Thank god.

Hulk just being here helps puts TNA on the map in a way that no other available wrestling personality can. IMO, he's important in the bigger scheme of things when it comes to TNA and marketing their company.

But aside from that, I just like him and I'm glad he's staying. B)

#17 Dizzy

Dizzy

An NBA Championship Coming Soon

• Advanced Member
  • 4,817 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 05:49 AM

Hogan's face was just photo shopped on a joke by the MLB post game crew. So, things like that is what he brings to the table, name value, face value and straight up celebrities.

#18 Stung

Stung

Swervedriver

• Advanced Member
  • 1,615 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 07:40 AM

I don't get why everybody shits on him for that one simple fact that he doesn't mention TNA in interviews or television appearances. Angle hardly ever mentions TNA in interviews that aren't specifically about wrestling or TNA, neither did Foley. Neither does Borden. Neither does anyone that is getting interviewed regarding anything but TNA.

Since Hogan and Bischoff came in, everything regarding TNA has improved, the only thing that doesn't seem to have improved are the ratings (though the annual average does seem to be a bit higher compared to previous years). The televised shows have improved tenfold in entertainment value, Impact is spreading it's roots by going on the road with the tapings as well as getting a lot of positive spotlight with their amazing house shows (though this probably has nothing to do with Hogan).

I also think that Hogan's presence has a positive influence on the backstage production and the locker room. The man has nearly 4 decades worth of experience in the business and I'm sure that rubs off on everything related to the promotion. You can talk trash about his leg drops and crippled ass all you want, but you can't deny that he has experience as one of the biggest names to have ever come out of wrestling.

Besides, what would Hogan achieve with mentioning TNA all over the place? TNA's problem isn't that people don't know it exists, everyone that is interested in wrestling knows about "us". TNA's problem is that it's having a hard time getting rid of the bush-league prejudice. Hogan does mention his midget-flavored because it needs to gain exposure amongst those that are interested in wrestling (and the freaks that get aroused by midgets fighting).

I'm happy he's staying (if this is true, of course). Sure he's a fairly sad sight in the ring, but I love every bit of him and the storyline he's in on my screen.

Edited by Stung, 05 October 2011 - 07:44 AM.

#19 ILWyep

ILWyep

Insider

• Banned
  • 13,528 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 07:43 AM

I wanna do this at TNA headquarters:

#20 Lorenz

Lorenz

Insider

• Members
  • 132 posts