News: King Mo Appearance Boosts MMA Uncensored Live Ratings, Mickie James On YouTube, More
Posted 12 May 2012 - 12:39 AM
- TNA Knockout Mickie James has launched her own YouTube channel at http://www.youtube.com/IAmMickieJames.
- Dixie Carter announced on Twitter that new talent King Mo will appear at tonight's Bellator 68 event at Caesars Hotel and Casino in Atlantic City, New Jersey.
- Mickie James is planning to release her second music album later this year. James told Josh Stewart for Newsday.com that she plans to release a full-length album after initially recording six new songs. James also commented on Thursday's hot topic of wrestling and MMA:
“I don’t really follow MMA," James said, adding that she has no aspirations to compete in Women's MMA. “I don’t think I could. I’m an artist, a performer. There’s an art to what we do to the wrestling. I don’t want to really fight anybody."
- TNA Star Ric Flair did not appear for last night's TNA house show in New Orleans where he was advertised to appear. Flair is advertised to appear tonight at a house show in Thibodaux, Louisiana.
- Muhammed "King Mo" Lawal recently spoke to MMAjunkie.com about his deal with Bellator and TNA. Check out the highlights:
On chances of his return to the UFC:
"Let's put it like this: That door is closed. It's plain and simple. That door is closed, man. I'm not going to wait for nobody. If somebody comes to me with something that is good and a great deal, I'm going to take the best deal. And right now, the Bellator deal is the best deal you can possibly get. With Bellator and Impact Wrestling, that's the best deal you can possibly get, and I took it."
On Bellator's season eight tournament:
"I will enter the tournament, I will win the tournament, and I will get that belt. That's what I'm going to do. I'm going to knock out people in the cage and hit people with chairs in the ring. Either way, I'm winning."
Bjorn Rebney on the combination of MMA and pro wrestling:
"I have an amazing amount of trust in the MMA fan base ... and their ability to realize what mixed martial arts is and realize what professional wrestling is, and understand we found a guy in Mo who can transcend both of those different environments simultaneously. I think when fans see what comes out – vis-a-vis Spike and they see what Mo is going to do at Impact and what Mo is going to do at Bellator, and that it's going to happen at the same time ... with him – I think it's going to work beautifully. I think he's going to be able to transcend and jump from one to another. He's going to get a lot of frequent-flyer miles, and when this all stops in about four years, he'll be able to take his family wherever they want to go."
Posted 12 May 2012 - 12:43 AM
Posted 12 May 2012 - 04:21 AM
as did I
Posted 12 May 2012 - 04:29 AM
I watched it because I simply have nothing better to do after watching IW.
“I know you are here to kill me. Shoot, coward, you are only going to kill a man.”- Che Guevara
R.I.P "Macho Man" Randy Savage 1952 - 2011
Posted 12 May 2012 - 11:59 AM
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users